Author Topic: Fire and Smoke  (Read 551 times)

Offline Mike Scott

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Fire and Smoke
« on: July 07, 2009, 10:22:01 AM »
I got a new thundermug from Dom last week.  4oz of ffg makes a nice boom.  :) 

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Fire and Smoke
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 04:44:25 PM »
Great night time photo! ;D How high up did the fire ball go?
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline Mike Scott

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 04:35:34 AM »
I would say 12-15 feet from the photo (but it seemed bigger than than in person).  A standard video camera really does miss alot of the action.   

Offline BoomLover

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 07:11:22 PM »
You sure that is a thundermug going off? Looked more like a low yield, low level nuke, from that night photo! Very impressive! BoomLover
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 02:39:26 PM »
4oz !  ;D i guess it would light up the night !!! :o

i'd give it the seal of approval ! with points ! ;D

it remindes me of a photo i took one night in the mountains in a remote part of the woods near carbondale co. while fly fishing years ago .

when somebodys i knew over induldged in some ,,,,beer ...way ....

to the point of them 'shooting the moon with a .357 magnum'  ....till we....er .' they' tired from aimimg up at somewhere around 10 ,,,,11 ,,,,or maybe 2,,,,,,

then that damn guy took to colman white gas and the camp fire .......what a MARROOOON ...bugs bunny.... ;D

i might have to invest in a mug .....it is much safer than the way ....'they' used to do it .

"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline Mike Scott

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 11:07:21 AM »
here it is with video/sound...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia41AkZ4eHg

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 12:26:07 PM »
Mike,
It's always better with the blaze & the boom, thanks.

Gary,
There are times when the timid side of me, kind of hopes that you're exaggerating just a little bit, on the details of the personal anecdotes that you sometimes share with us. :o  Do you think that it might be a good idea for the guys that are going to attend the "Montana Shoot," to invest in some body armor, or are these stories that you tell now, just memories of a wild and wooly past? :D
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.