Author Topic: 357 Magnum barrels discontinued?  (Read 1233 times)

Offline gomerdog

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
357 Magnum barrels discontinued?
« on: July 09, 2009, 06:22:01 AM »
Hey,

I just got off the phone with CS at HR1861 inquiring about the availability of 357 Magnum barrels and was told they no longer make that barrel. I mentioned that their website did not indicate that information and was then told it needed to be updated. Has anyone else heard this information? Tim, have you heard anything to this effect? If it is true, I can't imagine why, as I would think that the 357 mag. barrels would be fairly popular, especially given the increase in primitive weapons seasons in certain states.

I'm a little perplexed and somewhat frustrated with this phone call.

Jeff
"Endeavor to persevere..." Chief Dan George from The Outlaw Josie Wales

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: 357 Magnum barrels discontinued?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 07:20:01 AM »
I think someone in CS is confused, I just checked, the 357 is still scheduled for production as a rifle for next year, there are no plans to discontinued it at this time, but they may very well be out of 357 accessory barrels which is likely the problem.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 07:21:34 AM »
It just makes you wonder just what the hell is going on there . They ought to let these guys at customer service browse this site when they can't find or don't know the answer to a ? I't like the whole world knew they were waiting for months for the new 357 bbl to get run then when they get them in and probly sell 50 of them the minute they hit the door you get a guy that gives an answer like that it just gets more ridiculous every day. Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline gomerdog

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 09:35:03 AM »
Okay, so I'm taking a chance on them having 357 barrels at some point in the future. I just sent in an order form and a frame for a 357 barrel. I also sent in a stock and ordered a forearm. I am not in any big hurry, so we'll see what happens....

To clarify the phone call: I asked about the availability of 357 barrels, and he said he didn't have that information. I thinking this is customer service. If you don't have this information, who should? So I asked, "Can you tell me who I can talk to who knows that information?" At that point he told me that the 357 mag barrels were discontinued. That's when I mentioned the website not having that information. I just got the feeling he didn't know the answer and didn't want to take the time to find out, that he didn't give a $#*t.

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 12:30:44 PM »
they better be available,,,,,,i just talked to them last week....
3 times to confirm.....and they told me they got'm!!!!!!!!
i'll be raise'n hell wif tha big cheese if they don't!!!!!!!!
talked to him too, last week!!!!!!!!! got him on speed dial......... ;D
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline gomerdog

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 12:59:25 PM »
Well, if you do talk to him soon, or even not so soon, let us know what he says.  ::)

Offline cowboyup453

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (82)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 01:00:55 PM »
I just got the feeling he didn't know the answer and didn't want to take the time to find out, that he didn't give a $#*t.
I think you hit the nail on the head there. They have no idea what is going on in Ilion, because they aren't there. Gota love there new top notch Customer Service. ::)

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 01:04:12 PM »
gomerdog,
you'll be the first ta know!!!!!!!! ;D
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline SM Bob

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 02:33:34 PM »
Okay, so I'm taking a chance on them having 357 barrels at some point in the future. I just sent in an order form and a frame for a 357 barrel. I also sent in a stock and ordered a forearm. I am not in any big hurry, so we'll see what happens....

To clarify the phone call: I asked about the availability of 357 barrels, and he said he didn't have that information. I thinking this is customer service. If you don't have this information, who should? So I asked, "Can you tell me who I can talk to who knows that information?" At that point he told me that the 357 mag barrels were discontinued. That's when I mentioned the website not having that information. I just got the feeling he didn't know the answer and didn't want to take the time to find out, that he didn't give a $#*t.

Good luck!  I hope you have a better experience dealing with these people than I did.
Remington really needs to get this whole so called "customer service" department on the same
page with what's going on up at Illion. How can they serve the customer if they
don't even know what's going on? Maybe it would be to the benefit of the customers
who call them looking for information and the company's reputation if they held a
meeting say, once a week in customer service and bring everyone up to speed
about exactly what is going on at Illion in regards to the H&R line of firearms. It
seems to me a little bit of communication would go a long ways toward fixing this
problem.

Robert

Offline gomerdog

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 05:00:27 PM »
Robert,

You're right! Communication is the thing that makes organizations work smoothly, whether that organization is a huge corporation or a small close knit family.

But I'm willing to take a chance on them, so I remain the optimist, hoping that in the end, I'll get what I have paid for and like it.

Jeff

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 09:52:53 AM »

Maybe the "customer service" people you guys are talking to are the same ones for H&R and Remington. They kind of treat H&R owners like a little red headed step child cause we shoot "those cheap guns."
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff

Offline mauser98us

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
  • 10 mm junkie and Whelan wacko
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 11:34:35 AM »
S
So,Tim are you saying H&R is producing no 357 rifles at this time? So it would be fruitless to go to Wallyworld and have them order one?

Offline jeepmann1948

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (67)
  • San Angelo, Texas
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 11:49:59 AM »
The Sporting Goods Manager at Walmart here in San Angelo called their supplier  and was told they would not have any available until at least the first of the year.Stock is limited to what is on the shelves. Good luck on finding one .
"it ain't what you shoot em with......................
  it's where you hit em "

Offline mauser98us

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
  • 10 mm junkie and Whelan wacko
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 11:58:12 AM »
Thats' what I was afraid of.That caliber is impossible to find in the desert country of Arizona,where everybody wants a rifle that can shoot ten miles. Imagine it would be easier to locate in the upper east states.Oh well guess I will just try to hang on to my money til they are availible again. Just can't bring myself to buy a Rossi.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2009, 01:15:05 PM »
SSI is Walmart's H&R supplier, you can check their inventory online, they don't have the 357 rifle or the combo in stock, the link is in the FAQs.

Tim

http://www.internetguncatalog.com/Default.aspx?tabid=179

Offline .375 Hawk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2009, 01:22:15 PM »
SSI is Walmart's H&R supplier, you can check their inventory online, they don't have the 357 rifle or the combo in stock, the link is in the FAQs.

Tim

http://www.internetguncatalog.com/Default.aspx?tabid=179

Just checked out Jerry's Sport Center, a large firearms wholesale co in the North East, and the .357 rifles are not available......
Eddie

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2009, 01:26:30 PM »
They're available, I know of at least one retailer that has em.  ;)

Tim