Author Topic: New left hand rifles for 2009  (Read 2113 times)

Offline Lefty Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
New left hand rifles for 2009
« on: January 14, 2009, 05:13:30 AM »
Ruger is coming out with the 77 MK II in left hand short action for the first time.  It will be available in 204 ruger, 223, 243, 7mm-08, and 308.  it will be the blued version with walnut stock of course. 

Remington is also coming out with its value priced 700 sps in left hand (matte bluing, black synthetic stock).  I beleive it will just have the standard long action calibers they always offer in left hand (boring). 

Anybody else hear of anything please post!

I personally keep waiting for the kimber rifles to come out but as of right now I have not heard anything. :(

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
Re: New left hand rifles for 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 10:33:19 PM »
sure wish some company would offer stainless left hand guns - just the best thing to have in much of Alaska.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline Lefty Hunter

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 03:30:17 AM »
Remington, ruger, browning and tika all make left hand stainless rifles. 

-Remington makes the XCR (stainless with special rust proof coating and synthetic stock) in 270, 30-06, 7mm remington , and 300 ultra mag

-Ruger makes the 77mkII in stainless with laminated stock in 25-06, 270, 30-06, 7mm remington mag, and 300 win mag.  (If you really need more punch in alaska I have seen a few of these in 375 ruger)
I have stainless left hand rugers in 30-06 and 7mm.  They both shoot very well, especially for the money.

-Browning makes the A-bolt in stainless synthetic in to many calibers to list, but they include the 338 winchester mag which might be of interest to you.

-Finally the Tikka t3 is available in a left hand stainless synthetic, but I can't remember exactly which calibers. 

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 04:47:23 PM »
  Dand

Yeah i was gonna say ... Ruger makes their MK II M77 in stainless .. I have on in 300 mag.

And I'm pretty sure Savage does as well

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline ohiosam

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 01:51:47 AM »
CZ-USA has a small number of left hand 550s in .375H&H available. I've  heard they're priced about double the right hand models :(

Offline heftylefty

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 08:37:28 AM »
I just got a .308 Savage weather warrior and I love it. It is left handed and stainless. My first 3 shot group at 50 yds. (which is as far as I can shoot on my property) .... was one ragged hole and one under that almost touching. A Savage can shoot.