Author Topic: Refunds from Cannon-Mania  (Read 914 times)

Offline Johnaf16

• Trade Count: (0)
Refunds from Cannon-Mania
« on: July 17, 2009, 02:08:17 PM »
I ordered a cannon from Cania-Mania about two years ago.  After a year I requested a refund based on none delivery - lots of promises but little money.  I final indicated I would report his compnay to the FBI for internet fraud.  I received my refund within a week.  FBI web site is: http://www.fbi.gov/majcases/fraud/internetschemes.htm

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Re: Refunds from Cannon-Mania
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 02:27:08 PM »
GOOD JOB -

Thanks for the link!
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
    • http://www.lioby.com
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 02:35:35 PM »
Add one more the to list of Cannon-Maniac customers

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 02:52:34 PM »
good work . ;D
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • "HALLOWED GROUND" by RRC
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 03:22:20 PM »
DoubleD: Can you install this link above so that we don't lose it?
Protect Freedom of Speech; to identify IDIOTS!

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 03:15:57 AM »
Richard,

I think you want us too save the link above.  Sounds like a good addition to the Reference page...that Cat Whisperer's project...

(memo to self, don't post before coffee--typing is worse than after coffee.)

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • "HALLOWED GROUND" by RRC
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 03:35:31 AM »
Ooops!  I guess I am going to have to secure a review of job descriptions ::)  Oh well!  It's the thought that counts ;)

rc
Protect Freedom of Speech; to identify IDIOTS!

Offline Double D

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 05:32:39 AM »
Tim is our High tech guy, I work on the K.I.S.S. principle.

Offline nematode

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 08:06:54 AM »
I just order 3 Big Bang 60mm replica cannons from cannon-mania, 2 for my kids and one for me. Thought it less problematic to use bangsite and water rather than packing charges of black powder, fuses and fire to light it, for my kids. My contact at cannon-mania has been very helpful without applying any pressure to buy from him, in fact, he has forwarded links to other cannon sites to help me become more acquainted with options, since I'm a first timer. In the end, I went small and ordered from him. The notes on this page are somewhat unsettling since I am in it for just under $200 and need at least one of the cannons in time for daughter's bday next week. I tend to believe the guy has been honest and forthright with me and I will certainly add an update at this thread in a week or so.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 08:23:58 AM »
I tend to believe the guy has been honest and forthright with me and I will certainly add an update at this thread in a week or so.

Skip77,

I hope that your faith in this man's honesty turns out not to be misplaced; don't forget to keep us posted on the outcome of your transaction.

I almost forgot the most important part: Welcome To the Board!
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Double D

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 08:37:12 AM »
I am reluctant to step on this discussion as I feel it serves a good purpose.   This pupose of this board is not to serve as whipping post or a  testimonial site for anyone.  It is in keeping with the spirit of this forum to discuss who does us good and who does us wrong.  

I suggest that you GOOGLE any internet business you intend to deal with before sending them money.  I also suggest you do a Search of this forum.  

We have a few sites banned from this board and for good reason.  Cannon Mania is not banned, but it it is not recommended either.  You won't find them on the Cannon resource list.

If after doing your research, you still do business with Cannon Mania, you do so at your own risk.

I might ask was this site one that Cannon mania provided you with?

Offline nematode

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 08:46:44 AM »
Thanks Double D - Actually, I was mistaken. David from cannon-mania did not provide me with website links but he has been patient answering a lot of questions and not pressing me to order from him. JB from Brooks-USA has also answered some questions from me and he is the one that forwarded link to Graybeards among others. I understand your consideration about purpose of the site here.. not to bash anyone, yet, to include information that is useful to all. My payment to cannon-mania is already processed so I will ride this out and hope to have positive feedback by way of update. The truth is always good, right? Let's see what happens. Thanks again.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 03:27:48 PM »
SKIP -

WELCOME to the board!

Whatever the outcome, let us know --

We want to see pictures of smoke and flame too.
Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline PSLimo

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 03:55:37 PM »
Hey Guys,

I too have had a non delivery from cannon mania.  After 6 weeks and no responses to phone calls or emails.  I sent an email suggesting that if I didn't get a response I would ask my credit card company for a charge back.  They responded the order would be delivered in a week.  Three weeks later I contacted my credit card company and they refunded the charge.

I've used this message board for information as an observer and didn't want to post anything negative.  However, Cannon Mania doesn't seem to be playing fair.

On a better note.  I ordered from Dominick Carpenter and he produced a beautiful mortar at a great price on time as promised for Memorial Day.

Phil 

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 04:01:38 PM »
Phil --

WELCOME to the board!

What you say from PERSONAL experience is OK, good or bad.  We're not here to flame anyone, but personal experiences are simply real-life!

What do  you like to shoot?

Cat Whisperer
U.S.Army Retired

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 04:45:33 PM »
I too have had a non delivery from cannon mania.

Seems like quite a trend here, hopefully y'all at least considered dropping a line or email to the attorney general of the state that business operates out of.

I know what it feels like to get burned by an internet fraudster and I always like to see them get their "just due" as we say.

Offline nematode

• Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 11:56:11 AM »
Guys, I said I'd update my experience with cannon-mania and here it is:
PERSONAL RATING: 2 THUMBS UP!!

1. Emails - man from cannon-mania replied to all of my emails, which peppered him over the last week.
2. Order - I ordered 3, 60mm carbide cannons Friday last week.
3. Goods - arrived today, directly from Conestoga company

Other Info: I hadn't heard from cannon-mania over weekend and wasn't surprised - everyone deserves time off. I wrote to cannon-mania yesterday after work, asking if my payment was received and when I could expect delivery. Email reply was less than an hour later thanking me for the business and to expect delivery Wed this week. All 3 cannons arrived today.

I can only speak on my experience with cannon-mania and I give the man 2 thumbs up!!

Offline Johnaf16

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 12:30:28 PM »
Skipp77 ordered a product that is produced by another company.  It could just as easily been ordered from the orginal supplier.  The cannon I ordered is a product produced by Cannon-Mania - a 1/2 scale Neoplean.

Offline nematode

• Avid Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 04:59:48 PM »
Agreed - however, if cannon-mania wanted to be dishonest or use bad business practice with my order, all he had to do was take my money and not bother to forward my order to Conestoga. I am only saying in my case, he handled my ordered promptly and I couldn't be happier.