Author Topic: covert operations guns  (Read 1415 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
covert operations guns
« on: July 06, 2009, 01:35:40 PM »
well there been at lot of talk around town about gun bans, the goverment falling, and arming oneself for the on comeing "war". well i think these people are carzy but it got me thinking about what could one carry rifle/subgun in a backpack if you had to move covertly around?  I was think something like a p-90 or AK-74u would do the job. I just thinking  as a scenario if something did happen and you could get any guns you want/ need.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline S.S.

Re: covert operations guns
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 03:17:24 PM »
Maybe not as crazy as you think..
Look at the civil wars in any countries
and see what the main causes were..
Many of them are going on in our country
right now.. A small incident could easily
be all the spark needed. I know of very few people
who do not seriously hate our government.
Dem and Republican alike. Politicians are not in it for the people
or any love of their country, It is money or fame pure and simple
that motivates them.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 09:10:48 AM »
Im  not throwing stones but you should watch the way you word posts on the internet. Anti gun people are allways crusing these sights and all the paramilitary talk just gives them more ammo for taking away your rights. Covert operation has a totaly differnt meaning them self protection. It is still totally your right to have a gun to defend yourself but covert operations has a conotation of offensive use of a gun.
blue lives matter

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 11:34:40 AM »
Im  not throwing stones but you should watch the way you word posts on the internet. Anti gun people are allways crusing these sights and all the paramilitary talk just gives them more ammo for taking away your rights. Covert operation has a totaly differnt meaning them self protection. It is still totally your right to have a gun to defend yourself but covert operations has a conotation of offensive use of a gun.

ok, let me put it this way. If you had to move in a crowd of armed people and you needed something better than a handgun. Like say if you were somewere like pakistan in the swat valley, whan could you carry with out looking like the Pakistan Army.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 11:45:01 AM »
ar-15 pistol
cruiser punp shot gun
2 sawed  off  doubles   if  law has totally broke down

if  i needed more than  my 357  640 smith 
and  had  to carry concealed

it  would be the 5 inch 44 mag smith

extreemly accurate and hits hard  [280 grain  at  1100 fps]
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 11:49:03 AM »
ar-15 pistol
cruiser punp shot gun
2 sawed  off  doubles   if  law has totally broke down

if  i needed more than  my 357  640 smith 
and  had  to carry concealed

it  would be the 5 inch 44 mag smith

extreemly accurate and hits hard  [280 grain  at  1100 fps]

is the ar15 pistol  hard to fire?? i shot a ak-74u at the range(rented it) and it's easy to shoot.

Offline sixgun_symphony

• Avid Poster
  • Rabid, Avid Shooter
    • http://www.myspace.com/sixgun_symphony
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 04:32:51 AM »
 If you find yourself in a war zone, then lay low when the shooting starts. There will soon be rifles, ammo, and other gear laying all over the streets in a little while.

As far as covert, you want handguns for concealment.

If you are openly bearing weapons, then you are a combatant. If you conceal a weapon or disguise yourself in a stolen uniform, then you will be treated as a spy upon capture.
NRA - Endowment Life Member
NMLRA - Life Member
SASS - #62632

Offline sixgun_symphony

• Avid Poster
  • Rabid, Avid Shooter
    • http://www.myspace.com/sixgun_symphony
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 04:35:50 AM »
Maybe not as crazy as you think..
Look at the civil wars in any countries
and see what the main causes were..
Many of them are going on in our country
right now.. A small incident could easily
be all the spark needed. I know of very few people
who do not seriously hate our government.
Dem and Republican alike. Politicians are not in it for the people
or any love of their country, It is money or fame pure and simple
that motivates them.

Tim McVeih, William Ayers.    One is a commie, the other fellow was reading "The Turner Diaries".

NRA - Endowment Life Member
NMLRA - Life Member
SASS - #62632

Offline targshooter

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 05:54:46 AM »
I believe it is the interest of this site that we stay with the forum topic and not get into an analysis of the political scenario as we may see it playing out presently.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 06:01:17 AM »
Good advice from targshooter, this forum isn't political, it about self defense guns and exoric weapons.

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 08:23:24 AM »
is the ar15 pistol  hard to fire?? i shot a ak-74u at the range(rented it) and it's easy to shoot.

I actually got to shoot one of these at the range a trip or two ago.  A new guy had one and asked if I'd like to shoot it.  I've always been curious about them because they are so different.  The answer to your quesiton, no they are not hard to fire.  However, they are very hard to actually hit what you're shooting at.  I was not impressed with the handling or accuracy of the pistol I held and I really didn't think that in any way I'd ever want to bet my life on one.  The AR pistols are more of a novelty in my opinion, and meant to show your buddies then put back away.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 07:19:45 AM »

I actually got to shoot one of these at the range a trip or two ago.  A new guy had one and asked if I'd like to shoot it.  I've always been curious about them because they are so different.  The answer to your quesiton, no they are not hard to fire.  However, they are very hard to actually hit what you're shooting at.  I was not impressed with the handling or accuracy of the pistol I held and I really didn't think that in any way I'd ever want to bet my life on one.  The AR pistols are more of a novelty in my opinion, and meant to show your buddies then put back away.

the ak-74u shoots well but i seem to like aks and m1 carbine. I never really saw the point of a ar15 pistol, a ak74 or 74 pistol you get a big or really fast moveing bullet out of a short barrel. also to me it just easyer to fire and hit things with. But i am still a new shooter, i have never used a m16,ak-47, or some other black guns. But i can say from useing the ak74u that when you shoot that thing off people will run and if i had to move anywere with it i would feel very safe.

anyways, i saw a book called Patriots : Surviving the Coming Collapse at the book store.

the Synopsis as it said on the back of it.

Part novel, part survivalist-handbook, Patriots tells of a small group of friends facing every American's worst nightmare—the total collapse of society. The stock market plummets and hyperinflation cripples commerce and then a seemingly isolated financial crisis passes the tipping point when an unprepared government fails to act. Practically overnight, the fragile institutions of democracy fall apart and every American is forced to survive on their own.

Evading mobs of desperate, out-of-control citizens who have turned Chicago into a wasteland of looting and mayhem, this novel's protagonists make their way to a shared secure ranch in the wilds of northern Idaho. Here the survival-driven group fends off vicious attacks from the outside and eventually assists in restoring order to the country. The compelling, fast-paced action-adventure novel has readers jotting notes and referencing the book's impressive index for informative survivalist tips on everything from setting up a secure shelter to treating traumatic flesh wounds.

i asked if it was sell well, they said every box they get in is sold out in a day.  Now i ask you if you think that normal?

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 10:41:16 AM »
book called Patriots : Surviving the Coming Collapse

-a small group of friends:  friends are by definition a small group... ;)
-every American's worst nightmare:  In who's opinion?   ;)
-the total collapse of society:  seems to me it's darn there now :-\
-The stock market plummets:  been there ::)
-hyperinflation cripples commerce:  not hyperinflation, the gub'ment spending trillions  >:(
-a seemingly isolated financial crisis:  which one?   :o
-unprepared government fails:  I ain't saying nuthin!   :-X
-mobs of desperate, out-of-control citizens:  ever been to downtown Atlanta?  And that's just the homeless...  :(
-turned Chicago into a wasteland of looting and mayhem:  And it's not now?  :P

Sorry Jamal... I couldn't resist...  :-[
 :D
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline Pvt.Joker

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2009, 09:57:02 PM »
"Covert operations"?  That would probably be something akin to a Welrod pistol like the OSS used in WWII...

Or at least some sort of small caliber silenced pistol that would be very quiet and effective at close range.  Perhaps a Sig Mesquito .22LR with a modern silencer would do? 

Far easier to find one and still legal to own with the right paperwork and tax stamp.  But by definition, "operations" implies that you have some organized mission with specific parameters, which would logically dictate the choice of weapon(s) required.  ::)  Plus, it would also depend on what your support is, and if you plan on even needing to have a way out or not, etc.

If you are thinking of a "backpack gun", you might want to consider an AR-7 survival rifle.

Shoots a quiet .22LR, and the barrel stores into the stock in a waterproof, floating package.  Plus, it doesn't really stand out as a threat to most people like an AR slung over the shoulder would.  Of course, in a true SHTF situation, there might be times when it plays to your advantage to appear as a threat- especially to those predators looking for their next victim.  Sort of the "yea; though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I shall arm myself enough to be the baddest mf'r in the valley!" approach.

But that all depends on the circumstances, and the destination, and how you plan to get there.  And the key word here IS "Plan" because that is what will give you the best chance for you avoid the most fights and win the ones you cannot avoid.  As has been mentioned above, though, I think what you seem to be thinking of is more a question of "What is the best mobile self-defense weapon for extricating myself from a dangerous situation?" than "What should I use for covert operations?"  Not trying to be a smart-ass about it; but those are not one and the same in requirements.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 08:25:45 AM »
point taken.  I did some looking and there is few Covert operations guns besides handguns.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 09:31:41 AM »
There were also breifcases designed to hold and fire an MP-5.
and there is a flashlight that flips around into a glock 33 machine pistol with a fold out stock.  I saw it here on U tube somewhere.
It looked like a small 30 cal ammo can with a flash light on top.
Still suprised that they did not have the light fold to under the barrel to use as a weapon light.
Maybe round two.