Author Topic: Doubles  (Read 773 times)

Offline flatlander

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Doubles
« on: January 09, 2003, 02:26:06 AM »
I seem to hear lots of stories of double kills with single shots. I have one that was completely unintensional on my part. I had a group of about a dozen whitetail does in fairly tall grass. I picked 1 out and noticed that there was another behind it, so I moved to a third. After the shot, I dicovered that there was one behind the one I shot as well, but she was standing directly in line and had her head down, so I couldn't see her from my position. Heart/lung shot on both and recovered my bullet on the far side of the second deer. Fortunately I had another tag, but it ended my season on the spot. Anyone else have double kills to report?

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
one time
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2003, 03:18:11 AM »
I was deer hunting and looked behind me up hill and saw a flock of turkeys at the top looking down at me.  I had not hunted turkeys before,  but they were in season, and a rifle was legal so I turned slowly and shot the lead turkey.  When I reached thetop of the hill I found that the bullet had hit a second turkey in the head.  Both were good eating.
markc :-)
markc

Offline Dogshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
Doubles
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2003, 06:09:03 PM »
The local Game Warden in my county took his wife to fill her deer tag. He pointed out the deer, said "shoot", which she did, and they took the deer to the locker. The next day the rancher called the warden and told him someone shot a doe on his land. When the warden stepped it off, he realized his wife shot it. He wrote her out a ticket! He was really grumpy for a good two months after that. :lol:
Perception is everything. For instance, a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.