Author Topic: Starting a new build  (Read 629 times)

Offline coonbait

• Trade Count: (0)
Starting a new build
« on: June 14, 2009, 04:48:04 PM »
Just got a new RR lower and now the fun begins not sure if i want to do a tactical of a varmmint style this time.
 ;D
Im going tactical but i need advice on triggers not sure what brand to go with any help would be helpful.
As of know im looking at the timmny drop in trigger
There can be no divided Allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American,but something else also,isnt an American at all.We have room here for but one flag,the American Flag.... We have room for but one Language here,and that is the English Language.....And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
Re: Starting a new build
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 07:33:17 AM »
Personally, I would not put a 'target' trigger in a 'tactical' firearm.  Don't get me wrong, the Timney trigger is a very good unit, but it is more suited to a varmit or target firearm.  I would go with a stock trigger system then send it trigger parts to Bill Springfield for his 4 lb trigger pull.  He smoothes and sweetens the trigger where it is a very nice break but at a tacital weight.  Mine is 4 1/4 lbs and feels like it doesn't move at all until it breaks.  Of course you could tune the Timney for a heavier pull, but why invest $200 for that when you can get it for $40!  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline coonbait

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 06:38:10 PM »
Thanks 44Man
There can be no divided Allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American,but something else also,isnt an American at all.We have room here for but one flag,the American Flag.... We have room for but one Language here,and that is the English Language.....And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Pvt.Joker

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 09:30:16 PM »
The way I was taught in the AR armorer class I took to do a "trigger job" on an AR, is to take it out and shoot about a case of ammo through it (clean it and keep it lubed along the way, of course) and that will seat the FCG parts to one another; improving the trigger feel in the process.  Either that, or just buy and install a RRA match FCG in it.  But try just breaking it in all the way before spending the extra money, for what it's worth.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 06:11:40 PM »
I was thinking of starting a new build myself...I was going to go with a Spikes Tactical lower with the spider colored in red...A cool way to begin.  It would probably be a paper punching rifle so a 2 stage RRA might be in line.  I was thinking of topping the lower with a RRA upper with a midlength forend. A Hogue pistol grip, a Magpul trigger guard for a little extra room and a Magpul MOE mil-spec collapsible butt stock and possibly a half-quad rail up front.  A nice Leupold scope could round out the blaster...Maybe some decent flip up rear and front sites as well...Those could be added later if desired.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense