Author Topic: primers and powder in stock  (Read 410 times)

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
primers and powder in stock
« on: August 03, 2009, 03:19:37 PM »
I was at my local gun shop this evening as I give his dog an injection for his hips every three weeks.  He told me he got in primers all but small rifle. He got in 30 thousand yes 30 thousand primers in an order.  He also got 25 pounds of 4895 and 40 pounds of varget.  Well 2 pounds of each and a brick of cci large rifle primers 200 209's and 2 pounds of triple 7 fffg, I got out the door.  I did not need any of it but when it is there, I buy it.  cci large rifle primers were 3.20 a hundred or 32 dollars a brick. I got them for 30 a brick.  I was very happy.  Probably next week another brick of large rifle and maybe a brick of small pistol. 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Turk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: primers and powder in stock
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 06:51:47 AM »
Here in north central Ohio it looks to me the buying fenzy has slowed down some.  I see more primers all sizes and the prefered powder for 223 & 308 in larger supply.  A couple months ago you couldn't find hardly any bullets for these calibers but now I see more of these calibers.  Hopefully I'll see the same soon for my 6.8 SPC.  It looks to me you're getting your primers at a good price we're paying $39.00 for brick.

Turk
In God I trust all others bring data.
If you know you're going to a gunfight take a rifle.
Life Member 1/50th Infantry Association (Vietnam)
Member of the 173rd Airborne Association
Life member NRA & ORPA

Offline 3006bluffhunter

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Contributor
Re: primers and powder in stock
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 10:30:56 AM »
Here in the midwest WI .we are seeing lots more reloading items and primers & Powder also! Primers in this area are selling for $29 to $35 a 1000! I think over $35 per 1000 is gouging ! If you have an stash that your thinking about getting rich  on it might be the end of the road! Primer are BACK!  Dale