Author Topic: UGH! Can't believe this!  (Read 1212 times)

Offline chipmunk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
UGH! Can't believe this!
« on: July 30, 2009, 04:04:12 PM »
So I went to Wal-mart to order the tamer 20 (snaketamer 20 as Wal-Mart calls it for some reason) I've been wanting to get for awhile and when I ask about it he pulls a brand new order book out of the drawer.  I asked and he said they got rid of the old book he had used to price me with last week!   I had a bad feeling and sure enough the gun I wanted is GONE!!!   He tried to call and see if they had any but the people he had to call weren't in.  I priced Wal-Mart ($140) and my local gun shop ($200) so I really hope that Wal-Mart can order it still.  Not looking good though. 

On a positive note - I looked through the H&R pages and it seems Wal-Mart has added alot of H&R's that they didn't have before.  In fact I think they now have every single one of H&R's single shot rifles/shotguns (except for the tamer line of course)  Anyone who was looking for one of the ones they didn't use to stock might want to take a look.  Might have it now!

Tim...you haven't heard any talk of discontinuing the tamer have you?  I just can't imagine Wal-Mart dropping it while at the same time increasing their inventory of other things.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: UGH! Can't believe this!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 04:13:51 PM »
The Tamer 20 is in stock at Sports South, if you had read the FAQs thoroughly, you would have known how to check what H&Rs are in stock that Walmart can order including the UPC and item number, Sports South is Walmart's H&R distributor, the Tamer was still listed as of Nov when the Walmart order info was last updated.  ;)

Tim

http://www.internetguncatalog.com/Default.aspx?tabid=179

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 04:20:18 PM »
Walmart does not have a stock list per say they order from Sports South so if it's a gun that SS has they can get it . Your manager may have to call corperate and get the proper SKU #. The one that I have been buying from has been using the 2006 book since 2006 I may have to make a run up to Beloit to see what the new Book shows. But I have had them order guns for me before that are not in thier book. They may even be able to get what you want from Lipseys also. Keep in mind though depending on the manager you are dealing with how much work he may want to do to get you the gun that you want. But you can always call the corperate office and find out whether he is just being lazy or telling the truth.They may have a few of the more popular guns stocked at the main warehouse but for the most part you place your order and they call SS and have it delivered to thier main warehouse then shipped to your store. Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline chipmunk

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 04:30:13 PM »
Thanks guys.  Man I'm making a habit of underestimating the FAQ's aren't I!   I never expected exact directions on how to order from Walmart!

The original book the guy had looked like it was printed 10 years ago!  Hopefully I'll get my gun after all.  The guy I talked to is a real nice guy I have dealt with for a few years.  He was probably just underinformed.  He told me he would call today and see if they had it so it will probably be sorted out before I stop by.  If not I will print out a bit of that info you led me to Tim.  Hopefully that will straighten things out.  The only thing that worries me is that the guy said something about them dropping a company they order from or something like that.  He was probably(hopefully) just misinformed.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 04:32:29 PM »
You only need to print the Tamer page, right click it, save it, then open the saved file, you can then print it, or just read it, actually all you need is the UPC and item numbers.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 05:12:14 PM »
My special order advice. Don't do it on the weekend or on Monday or right before a holiday. Distributors are either not in or super busy. Find out who knows how to do the order. Might just be the manager who is in on certain days at certain times.

Offline OSOK

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 07:17:49 PM »
I used to work sporting goods at WalMart, and still know everyone that does at our local store. They told me that as of getting their new book they are no longer allowed to special order. If it isn't in the book, they can't order it, even if Sports South has it in stock. This also extends to ammo. Seems WalMart charges Sports south some kind of special fee every time it is done.
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Offline chipmunk

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 03:21:13 PM »
It's now on order!   Turns out they for some reason have a few of the h&r shotguns on a different page in their book.   The guy said it'll be here in a week or two.  Can't wait.  I feel $145 was a pretty good price too.  They're order system is a bit weird.  They took me to the jewelry counter because that is the only counter that can order things and then it took about half the managers in the store to figure out how to actually order it.  Weird but as long as it comes faster then the 7 weeks my dicks gun took to arrive then I'll be happy.

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 12:27:55 AM »
thats great!!!!! nut'n like getten what you want...

all the wally's around here are getting out of the gun business.

about a month ago i just happened to go to the gun section and they were removing the
long gun display case from the wall.... quickly i went to the customer service area  to speak to the store manager.

what cha gun do wif dat gun box ya taken off the wall?  i asked....

he said "its got to go"........hmmmmm!! 8)

well, to make a long story short.... its now in my shop, loaded down ;D
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 06:30:07 AM »
Lucky you Gendoc. Chipmunk thats about the norm for gettin a gun from Walmart .It has taken a min of 2 folks at the jewlry counter and sometimes more to order every one of mine that I have gotten from there. Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline chipmunk

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 12:02:07 PM »
All of the trouble ordering it is fine with me as long as they keep that price.  My local gun shop wanted $200 for that gun.  I paid $145

Gendoc - That is awesome.  I wish I would have thought to ask when I saw them taking the gun case down at another nearby Walmart.  They had the long 30ft or so case too!   Thing of how many I could hold in there.