Author Topic: Help with Handi  (Read 285 times)

Offline aeb023

• Trade Count: (0)
Help with Handi
« on: August 07, 2009, 01:29:12 PM »
Hey guys I need some help.  I sent in my original .223 action on May 5th to have a .280 barrel fitted, a 12 Guage Turkey fitted, and to get a thumbhole stock and forend.  The middle of July I had not heard anything so I gave them a call and they informed me that they were waiting on the .280 barrels.  I decided that I would go ahead and change to a 7mm-08 barrel this time around to get things moving.  Unfortunatly I had not heard or received anything so I called again yesterday and was informed that now they are waiting on the 7mm-08 barrel.  I was completely frustrated and spent all day today driving around the countryside looking at guns.  I did find another complete handi in 7mm-08.  Here is my question.

If I call them and have them just fit the turkey barrel and send the Thumbhole stock and forend will I be able install the thumhole on the 7mm-08 or does this have to also be done at the factory like the barrels?  If I request will they leave my present action in tact and just send me the thumbhole one?  I do not care if I have the thumbhole on my present .223 or turkey gun, however I would like it on the 7mm-08 and really do not want to send them another action.

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
Re: Help with Handi
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 01:49:01 PM »
You can swap the stocks back and forth by yourself.
It only takes about 2 minutes... you will need.
1. phillips screwdriver to remove the forearm and the buttplate (or pad)
2. ratchet and a 9/16" (or 14mm) socket and long extension to remove the stock from the action.
Take the screw out of the bottom side of the forearm and pull it off.
To remove the stock just stick the socket and extension down into the hole in the stock and unscrew it.

Put the other set on it it's place and tighten everything up.

The bolt for the thumbhole stock is in the thumbhole so you don't have to take the buttplate off. ;)

Spanky

Offline mitch132

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Help with Handi
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 02:44:50 PM »
Spanky detailed the process exactly, and I will second that it is very easy and shouldn't take at most 10 minutes even if you are slow and careful not to scratch anything.