Author Topic: crooked cross hairs  (Read 914 times)

Offline 222

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
crooked cross hairs
« on: July 20, 2009, 09:54:47 AM »
I was in Cabela's and found a 6x40 PineRidge rifle scope for a reasonable price :)
When I went to mount the scope on my sons .243 H/R Handi Rifle I found that the cross hairs are 20-25 degrees off from the knobs :(
I called Cabela's and since it was from a store bargan cave I can't return it. It's raining out now but will it sight in or do I have a paper weight. I have seen hundreds of scopes over the years this is a first for me. ???
Ray

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: crooked cross hairs
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 11:10:58 AM »
You have a paper weight. I can't believe Cabela's would refuse you a refund if you show them the problem.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 11:25:58 AM »
I would take it back and ask for a store mgr.  Its not much of a bargain if it's unusable......
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline 222

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 08:38:07 AM »
Thanks You I will take it back when I can get back to a store to do so and see what they say in person.
Ray

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 11:25:34 AM »
That would be like going to a new car dealer, buying a car, they hand you the keys and it wouldn't start. You pop the hood only to find there is no engine.

You point this out and they say "Engine?? Oh....you wanted one with an engine? Well....now, that's a whole different ballgame."

Cabela's is dead wrong here.

MHO

Dave

Offline 222

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 02:20:43 PM »
I went back to Cabela's and was told it was sold throught the "bargain cave" over 30 day, I think it was June 27 when I bought it August 12 when I returned I live over 100 miles from the store, I was unable to get a refund, replacement it was my tough luck they sold be an unusable scope. I also learned that all scopes returned defective with in proper time table are not ever fixed but are sold through the "bargain cave". Trying to save a couple of dollars and help my son have a great time on his first deer hunt. He still will have a great time but its soured me. Having bought much of my blackpowder stuff, most of my reloading stuff and even a couple of guns from Cabela's. I know I have made bad buys before and lost more money on them but never like this from a company of "high" standing. I'm burnt sorry for carring on.
Ray

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 05:00:24 PM »
I'd call corporate HQ and ask to speak to the Customer Service Manager. Explain to them just how much bad pulicity they are getting on this site with close to 33,000 registered members and with a monthly visitor count over 100,000. Ask him how many tens of thousands of dollars he thinks this is gonna cost him for ever dollar he screwed you out of.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 07:50:09 PM »
I'd call corporate HQ and ask to speak to the Customer Service Manager. Explain to them just how much bad pulicity they are getting on this site with close to 33,000 registered members and with a monthly visitor count over 100,000. Ask him how many tens of thousands of dollars he thinks this is gonna cost him for ever dollar he screwed you out of.

GB, I don't always agree with you, but I like the way you think.   ;)
Aim small, miss small!!!