Author Topic: more stuff from the Wagon Wheel Flea Market  (Read 493 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
more stuff from the Wagon Wheel Flea Market
« on: August 18, 2009, 12:58:05 PM »
well i got some scopes for cheap and they seem to be good. Anyways i just got a Bushnell  phantom mag 2.5x scope for 4$ and it looks like new. What kind of scope is this and how would a put it on a gun(it has what looks like a rail on the bottom of the scope).

Any info about this scope would be good, thanks. ;D
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline spruce

Re: more stuff from the Wagon Wheel Flea Market
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 02:17:12 PM »
That was one of the original (if not THE original) handgun scopes from waaaayyyy back!  Dates from the late 60's/early70's or somewhere around that time.

If memory serves the base clamped onto the rail using a large thumbscrew.  Finding a base could be a problem, may take a lot of searching.

Also, they were fairly popular for a short time for mounting on the barrel of top-eject Win model 94 lever actions ahead of the receiver.  That was the original "scout rifle" setup long before the term scout rifle was coined.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 02:45:54 PM »
the design was also marketed as the scopechief it gives a lot of adjustment for eye relief that was needed for some early bolt action guns.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 06:33:03 AM »
can i used a .22lr Rings & Bases on this scope?
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends