Author Topic: scope problems, need help  (Read 399 times)

Offline 2eagles

• Trade Count: (0)
scope problems, need help
« on: August 19, 2009, 12:35:14 PM »
I have an Encore with muzzleloader barrel.  Had a Simmons scope on it for 10 years with no problems, untill a plastic ring under a turrent split and came off.  I decided to take the scope off of my 7mm and put it on the Encore.  This is a Bushnell 3200 Elite.  A very nice scope that has been problem free for two years.  Sighted in easy and shoots good groups on the Tikka.
On the Encore, however, I have problems!  The rifle is now shooting VERY low.  Adjusting elevation maximum high, I am still hitting about a foot low at 100 yards. 
The Encore has a one piece base and Weaver style mounts.  I'm shooting 200 grain Precision bullets with a 100 grain load of Blackhorn 209.
Something just isn't right.  Please help!!  Thanks,  Jim

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: scope problems, need help
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 12:39:16 PM »
Perhaps it's a mounting problem but I'd get some Burris Signature Zee Rings and buy the offset inserts as well. Using them you can get the scopes adjustments centered and bring it to near zero with the inserts then make the adjustments with the scope for the final sight in.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline 2eagles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 01:08:07 PM »
Greybeard, thanks for the quick reply.  I'm looking at a picture those offset inserts.  Are they a shim of sorts?  Looks like the position of the insert determines p.o.i.  Must they be used with the Burris Signature Zee Rings, or will they work with the rings I have been using?  I am a cheapskate, but will happily spend the $ to get this rifle shooting where It needs to.  Jim

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 01:13:37 PM »
They give the same effect as shims but without the stress on your scope that shims can place. They MUST be used ONLY with Burris Signature rings.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!