Author Topic: ammo makers rebates less & less costing more & more  (Read 369 times)

Offline 3006bluffhunter

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Contributor
ammo makers rebates less & less costing more & more
« on: August 18, 2009, 12:57:32 PM »
Was paging threw a sale paper and found that remington is only offering a $2.50 per box rebate of 20 core -locts! Last year it was $5 per box! Any other ammo maker offering rebates? Glad I'm reloading I don't feel the preasure to buy factory ammo! Dale

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: ammo makers rebates less & less costing more & more
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 01:52:52 PM »
Dale

I have only gotten 2 boxes of fractory ammo in the last 10 years , one box of 45/70 and one box of 22 Hornet , both were just to get me by till I could get all the peices parts to make up loads .

Just makes you wonder how guys that shoot only factory ammo can afford to shoot at all ?  ???

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 06:56:39 AM »
I wonder how they do it too. I bought 1 boxes of Winchester White box 44 mags to try out because I could not get my hand loads for the Handi to shoot well. I then went back and bought another box because they did shoot OK. Still need to work up a load for it, just too many other irons in the fire. I bought 3 boxes of the cheap Rem 38 Specials, because I could buy them cheaper than I could reload them and I had no brass. This was all before the prices started to go up. I have never bought any 223, 22 Hornets; well any other ammo in my life. I think I probably do more shooting than some one that only buys, but I know it does not apply to all people...I do not know how they can afford it either. ???
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline huntducks

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 08:50:12 AM »
I shake my head at what the factory prices are I can't beleive what guys are paying when they can find it, a friend of mine is going elk hunting he shoots a 300win he went to bass pro bought two box's of premium stuff like $60 per box+tax.

Never did I think that I would see a brick of 22RF selling for $25 :o

I'm glad I have been stocking up for the last 40 years.
Remember it's where the first bullet goes out of a cold barrel that counts most.

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 03:10:59 PM »
I'm surprised that any ammo MFG's are offering rebates at all since it's a sellers market for factory ammo.    Many people do not want to get into reloading, so they will either pay the toll no matter what it is for factory ammo or stop shooting.   Of late its been the same story with reloading supplies for those who didn't plan ahead.   I did, always keep at least 12-15 years worth on hand, but that comes from reloading since the late 50's and seeing these shortages many times before.

Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus