Author Topic: Lloyd Smale 6x300WSM  (Read 856 times)

Offline roper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Lloyd Smale 6x300WSM
« on: January 20, 2013, 01:02:39 AM »
Lloyd you posted this before about your experience with 6WSM

Been shooting the WSM since it came out and built probably the first comp gun with it, so 10 years of experience with it AND the Win Mag, 6 WSM guns and numerous barrels I have a real good handle on what is and isn't with both. 

Why aren't you answering question from poster??

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Lloyd Smale 6x300WSM
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 01:07:06 PM »
I have a 30 in barrel chambered in 6-300 SWM, but still have not got it Nitrided yet and will not mount it untill I get that done. I do have several wildcats includeing 2 6-284 with a spare barrel ready to put on. I shot out the 1 st barrel on a 224 TTH and had it set back and rechambered and it`s shooting real good again, but these are barrel burners and I will not put on another barrel untill I have tried Nitriding. If your goin to put together a Hotrod, get a barrel with a very fast twist and shoot the highest BC, heavy, bullet you can find. Lite bullet just drift to much in the wind.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Lloyd Smale 6x300WSM
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 11:03:40 AM »
you must have me mistaken for someone else. Ive never even shot a short mag other then the 300 wsm. If i posted it was probably conserning the 6mm rem. that round i have quite a bit of experience with. Sorry to say theres never been a single wildcat chambered gun in my collection. If i ever did it would no doubt be in either 25 or 30 cal as those have allways been my favorite calibers. Ive allways had kind of a bug for a 250 sav improved. Maybe someday.
blue lives matter