Author Topic: Optima Elite variants? Non interchangeable barrels?  (Read 1807 times)

Offline wganz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Optima Elite variants? Non interchangeable barrels?
« on: July 30, 2009, 02:51:20 PM »
Saw an ad for a CVA Optima Elite in .45-70 but specified that it was:
Optima Elite fixed barrel rifle in 45-70 cal. have all the features of the Optima Elite with the exception of changing barrels. The fixed barrel rifles are only available in 45-70 cal. with black/blue, black/stainless, and stainless camo finish.

The barrel length isn't given but the OAL is stated to be 41". Other Optima Elite's OAL with 24" barrels are specified at 38.5". My math gives 41" - (38.5 - 24) = 26.5" barrel length. Conspicuous also is the absence of the comment of the barrel type while the interchangeable Optima Elites specify that they have Bergara Barrels. These are fixed barrel rifles are ~ half of the cost of the interchangeable rifles.

Is this an older version that they are selling or a lower end item?

Do appreciate the input before I lay the $$$ down.

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
Re: Optima Elite variants? Non interchangeable barrels?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 03:19:52 PM »
boy, ive never heard of that before. I'd give CVA a call tomorrow and ask them about that.

Offline wganz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 03:55:10 PM »
Linkage as requested

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=112567

3rd line under Product Details & Specifications

Price difference is $243.64 stainless with Black synthetic vs.  $355.41 for stainless & RealTree camo print.

Offline Three Bears

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 04:14:40 PM »
I have a  45-70 Optima Elite "Special" that is the non barrel change rifle(have not shot it yet have been working on our house addition for several months..... maybe next week.  According to CVA they made them for Louisiana and maybe Mississippi for the primitive weapons season......