Author Topic: H & R 929  (Read 921 times)

Offline gdog

• Trade Count: (3)
H & R 929
« on: January 09, 2010, 01:42:56 PM »
Recently traded a RH Marlin 25M for a 929. I shoot LH so the rifle was of little use and I needed a .22 revolver. Got to the location to meet the owner of the 929 and he came out with what looked to be an almost new one with 6" barrel. Serial number prefix is an "S" and it has the marble grips that are in perfect condition too. Shoots just fine. Now I still need a .22 revolver because I hate to take this one out into the woods!  Anyway, he was happy with the Marlin and I am sure happy with the 929.
John 3:16

Gordon

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • Trade Count: (77)
Re: H & R 929
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 02:23:19 PM »
Now I still need a .22 revolver because I hate to take this one out into the woods! 

I hate it when that happens. :D
Lifes to short for safe queens.
Unfortunately I've a couple..... :-[
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline jim ritchie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 02:47:04 PM »
gdog,
Congrats on the 929!!
The S prefix = 1956 manufacture.
Should be a good one!
FYI, even in like new condition, the 929 is probably only worth $ 200 max. So I wouldn't be scared to take it out and use it.
After ajj, that's what H&R's were all about. Well made, good working, reasonably priced, utility firearms.
That said, I have several H&R's that I won't take anywhere but the range either, and several that I don't fire at all. so I understand your predicament! The values are also rising on the really nice condition models, so that is something else to consider, when taking it to the field.
Jim
Deceased 3-31-2012

Offline gdog

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 01:46:00 PM »
I picked up an Uncle Mikes nylon holster for it today. Looks like I will have a new woods companion. Thanks for the input. I like a tool that I can use, not just look at.  ;D
John 3:16

Gordon