Author Topic: Tell us about Lone Pine  (Read 578 times)

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Tell us about Lone Pine
« on: September 07, 2009, 07:24:41 PM »
And of course, for us West (best!) Coasties, we have the "informal" Lone Pine Shoot coming right up on Labor Day weekend, in Central Oregon! BoomLover

How was the Labor Day shoot at Lonepine?
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline BoomLover

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Tell us about Lone Pine
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 05:30:23 AM »
The Lone Pine Shoot was great fun! Hosted by Chuck Hegele and his wife Connie, on their ranch at Lone Pine, in Central Oregon, a beautiful setting! The weather was perfect, not too hot, not much breeze, scattered clouds, excellent. There were 18 cannons on the line, plus a few that didn't shoot, just there to look at. Saturday was practice, Sunday was for points. Cannons ranged from 1/2 scale to full scale, Whitworths, Napoleans, Parrotts, Bowling Ball Cannons and Mortars, and several others. I got to crew on a full scale Napolean, what a blast, no pun intended! Saturday was a banquet, Pot-Luck and BBQ, again hosted by Connie and Chuck, with ribs, chicken, salmon and halibut, with all the trimmings, chili, salads, garlic bread, watermellon, and lots of cake, pie, cupcakes, ect. The event was well organized, with Chuck as the Range Master, and two Captains, everyone played safely, no injuries or disappointments. Several of the guns were quite accurate, and a few were for sale, too. All in all, a fun, safe weekend! BoomLover 
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 05:48:59 AM »
It sounds like you had a great time. It also sounds like it would be wise for me to save my bucks and try to take in one of next years shoots if only as a spectator. Looks like it's only a little bit under 450 miles from here on the coast. Will you be shooting next year?
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline BoomLover

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 05:26:52 PM »
I hope to shoot something of my own next year, I did enjoy shooting that Napolean, for sure! So far, they are scheduling Memorial Day and Labor Day as "confirmed", but they may do a winter shoot, too, heard some talk to that effect, but got to wait and see. From here it was only 305 miles, made it in about 7 1/2 hours, but it was well worth the drive! BoomLover
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline 1Southpaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Let Freedom ring
Any pictures ?
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 01:39:32 PM »
I would like to make to one of the events , perhaps when I really retire ..... ::)
Left Handed people are in their right mind .

Offline BoomLover

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 07:04:27 PM »
Southpaw, I do have pictures, but can't post them with WebTv, unfortunatly! Double D helped me post the Confederate "Tomato Can" Mortar pics, I'll check with him, if I do it the same way, if he would be willing to post some on this one! If not, I could say this, I belive you would enjoy it immensely, check out  www.lonepinecannon.com  to get the flavor of the event. If you are aware of Jefferson Armory, Peter took first place in points shooting Sunday, but everyone seemed to have a pretty good time. BoomLover