Author Topic: 16th century 3 wheeled naval carriages  (Read 463 times)

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
16th century 3 wheeled naval carriages
« on: May 23, 2012, 07:50:26 PM »
Along with some interesting text, this PDF also contains some good drawings of this type carriage.

http://www.adviesoudewapens.nl/Three-wheeled%20Gun%20Carriages.pdf
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline exlimey

Re: 16th century 3 wheeled naval carriages
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 02:03:18 AM »
Wow  Thanks for posting that Cannoneer, A couple of years ago here in the Capitol area of NY a local organisation built a Dutch 17th Century ship the "Onrust" that was outfitted with guns very similar to these ones. Gotta make one of of those!

Offline Legio3arty

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 08:34:14 AM »
Wow, great article. Thanks for posting. I'm a junkie for all types of weapons mounts from Roman catapults through modern machinegun tripods. One possible advantage of the tricycle layout may have been that is less likely to run over the crew's toes on recoil or when being hauled back into battery. I remember hearing that that was a common injury on Engish men-of -war.

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 11:08:50 AM »
Cannoneer, Thanks I like!  Will need to add one of these into the mix in the future...
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium