Author Topic: 3D CORN CAMO  (Read 1298 times)

Offline TWOBEARS

• Trade Count: (0)
3D CORN CAMO
« on: October 20, 2003, 03:33:33 AM »
Does anyone know of a 3D corn camo. Right now I'm using advantage timber with pin-on sneeky leaves. I'm very satisfied with it in the woods, but would like to hunt in the standing corn next year. If nothing els I guess I could get some wetland camo and pin some corn leaves on it, but I don't think they will stay on very well.

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
3D CORN CAMO
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 11:34:59 AM »
Other than goose hunting gear, the only other thing I have seen is called ASAT camo.  I use it and it is fantastic.  It would be perfect for corn fields as well as many other applications.

long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline wareagleguy

3D CORN CAMO
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 01:10:33 PM »
Three new patterns...Spring corn, Fall corn and the best pattern......... Corn Feeder! :grin:
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline wildman

• Avid Poster
3D CORN CAMO
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 12:35:40 PM »
Corn Camo??  I'd be afraid to use corn camo around here, unless you were in a tree stand.  There's so much corn on the ground, the deer might get confused and try to eat you. :lol:
The intruder turns around slowly, sees both barrels, and hears a low-deep voice say "Son, the left one's iron and the right one's steel, if the left one don't get you, the right one will"

Offline TWOBEARS

3D CORN CAMO
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2003, 05:06:37 PM »
Thanks guys. I'll keep my eye out for those names.  "Wildman," We have a lot of corn around here too (north central Ohio) and until now I wouldn't have entertained the idea of hunting in a corn field. Friday befor last I killed a seven point on the corner of a corn field. I was just inspecting the traffic into the woods from the field and spotted him off in a distance. I took a knee and he came w/I 30 yards. My second arrow hit home and he fell about 70 yards away.(I like to shoot two arrows to check my yardage w/ the first. He He!) I'm thinking that with good camo, a scent lock suit and couple cleared shooting lanes a guy could do ok hunting in the corn. Many farmers around here own the fields but not the woods.  There are small fence line woods that I've put my stands in before, but as soon as the leaves fell off the trees, I was out in the open. Kinda felt like my freshman year in track when they pulled me from the locker room and locked me in the tennis courts in my skivvies! :shock:

Offline Varmint Hunter

• A Real Regular
3D CORN CAMO
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2003, 12:33:11 PM »
Have you ever seen those grounblinds that are HIGHLY reflective? They are as reflective as a mirror but can be  rolled up and set-up easily. It would be perfect in a corn field. Works great in the woods too.

VH

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
3D CORN CAMO
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2003, 01:02:43 PM »
I wouls also go with a groundblind...good luck :D
Good Luck, Be Safe, and God Bless  :D

Ephesians 2:8
--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--

Offline Hawghead

3D CORN CAMO
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2003, 09:24:11 AM »
I would think mossy oak shadow grass would blend in good.