Author Topic: Have You Ever?  (Read 542 times)

Offline Skipper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.Skipsoutdoors.com
Have You Ever?
« on: October 07, 2003, 06:40:53 AM »
Had the opportunity to test your safety harness?

I got to thinking about that Saturday in the stand. I always put it on, but if I actually had to use this thing, what kind of mess would I be in? Maybe instead of breaking my neck, I'd hang upside down till dead. I don't know what exactly would happen. The sudden stop when the belt got to its end would probably snap some ribs. Would I be choaked to death around the neck? How would I manage to get myself back in the stand or on the ground? Could I somehow right myself back up and be back where I belonged or would I end up cutting the strap with a knife and falling anyhow?

Skipper
There's Fishing and then there's Bass Fishing 
Its kinda like the difference between Sandlot Baseball and Playing on the Team. 
The difference is Practice

www.Skipsoutdoors.com

Offline 01magnatec

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Have You Ever?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2003, 04:03:02 PM »
i have tested mine out on a tree lounge.....not by coice though. Scared me half to death :oops:
But now with my Timber Tall stand i have come closer to falling out with each climb.  I really have changed my mind about this stand.  It is a death trap waiting to happen.
Needless to say i am now in the market for a new stand.  I would really like to purchase a summit but i don't want to spend too much money.
Any of you ever use a North Star climber?? I am thinking about buying one.