Author Topic: Thoughts on the Pietta 1860 Army  (Read 616 times)

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
Thoughts on the Pietta 1860 Army
« on: September 27, 2009, 06:24:27 AM »
I just wrote Midway a couple of emails bemoaning the fact that I've had a Uberti 1861 Navy on backorder for almost 4 months now.  I'm really getting frustrated!

When I got this way back in the day, my philosophy was: "if you can't get what you want, you take what you can get!"  At least when it came to wimmins...  ::)  Being a little long in the tooth for all that effort anymore, I have just adapted the attitude to guns!   ;D  I'll take what I can get until I can get what I want.

So Cabella's has Pietta 1860 Army's on closeout for around $189.  For that matter so does Midway, but their price is  something like $229.   ::)

I have never done a side by side comparison between Pietta's and Uberti's, but I am familiar with Uberti's general quality.  I am NOT familiar with Pietta's fit, finish and dimentional accuracy.  Reports seem to indicate the newer Pietta's rival Uberti in those respects, but I'd like some first hand info from member's here.   :)
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline madcratebuilder

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Thoughts on the Pietta 1860 Army
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 01:06:08 PM »
I have two new Pietta's from Cabela's, a 58 nma and a 51 Navy .44.  Both have very good fit and finish.  Timing is great, trigger pull is OK, but trigger creep is excessive IMHO.  A relative easy fix.

Offline simonkenton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Thoughts on the Pietta 1860 Army
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 02:35:46 PM »
I have an 1860 Colt Army by Pietta. The fit and finish are good.
Not as good as my Uberti, but good. You will be happy with the Pietta.
Aim small don't miss.