Author Topic: Survivor .410/45LC  (Read 927 times)

Offline hoosierhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Survivor .410/45LC
« on: September 26, 2009, 05:28:02 PM »
I just picked up a Survivor in .410/45LC at a local gunshow. My first question is ,where do I get a wrench for the choke tube? (came with tube but no wrench) I am assuming that the choke tube is installed when using shot , and removed when firing the .45 LC's. Am I right in this thinking? I like  the idea of having a compact ,lightweight ,inexpensive dual use long gun. (not too crazy about having to install/remove choke tube between rounds, but what the heck) My wife has a Taurus Judge, and I have a Bond Arms Snakeslayer . I thought this would be a perfect compliment to our other 2 firearms in the same round. Anyone have any experience with the Survivor? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Offline Kal52

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Contributor
Re: Survivor .410/45LC
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 11:02:35 PM »
i really like mine, though its actually taking up residence at the mother in laws scaring off varmints, but it is a pretty good little gun.
 the shot actually patterns pretty well out of it, good enuf for my uses, and i added a red dot to it for the .45 and it really helped, although not great but better. overall a super fun little gun!

for the wrench, I lost mine once and called CS, they just sent me one for no charge, that was back when CS was good and you could talk to a human rather than a recording.

Good luck

Dave

Offline TYM2MOTR

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 07:03:12 PM »
+1, I agree...a nice gun.  With it's specific choke 410 shot does pattern well in spite of the rifled barrel, CCI 45 LC shotshell works great for a short/close range option as well.  With the shotgun bead sight the 45's are challenging, I don't know why NEF doesn't include the scope rail like on the other Survivor models.   

Your right, choke shotshells...definitely remove the choke for 45 LC bullets.  I would think that shotshell W/O the choke might damage the barrel's choke threads.  I'm sure NEF's CS would send you a choke key and owner's manual.

Offline sachel.45

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 03:09:32 PM »
when i got mine used i just called CS. however i think the T/C choke wrench  for there .45/.410 is the same because my wrench has the T/C logo on it
common sense is slowly becoming uncommon

Offline hoosierhunter

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 03:19:52 AM »
Thanks for the input. I'll  give CS a call and see if they can get me a wrench. And yes it would be nice to be able to mount a red dot for the .45's.

Offline jeepmann1948

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (67)
  • San Angelo, Texas
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 01:18:38 AM »
If you cant find a regular wrench a 3/8 allen wrench works good. It can be shortened if you like  to carry it in your pocket
"it ain't what you shoot em with......................
  it's where you hit em "

Offline hoosierhunter

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 11:18:30 AM »
Thanks for the tip Jeepman. I've been too busy to call CS. Might have to check out the allen wrench idea. Maybe with a little extra stitching, it would fit in a buttstock shellholder.