Author Topic: Whats the difference!  (Read 605 times)

Offline doninva

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Contributor
Whats the difference!
« on: October 07, 2003, 02:45:40 PM »
I have decided after comparing the Burris fullfield II to the Leupold VXII, I will get the Burris. I know I can get the Burris 3-9X40 ballistics plex and a spotting scope or just the 3-9X40 without the spotter with a plex rectical. The rectical doesn't really matter but I would like to get the best quality scope. Is there a difference between these two scopes besides the rectical. Thanks, Don

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Whats the difference!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2003, 02:56:36 PM »
In my opinion and experience, the Leupold VXII is a better scope than the Fulfield II.  Is the VXII worth the extra money - again, in my opinion - yes.  Please keep in mind that I am not a true Leupold fan (even though I own a few Leupold Vari-X III scopes).

If you really want a great scope, especially for the money, look at the Bushnell Elite 3200.  It's less than the VXII and a better scope with better optics.

Zachary

Offline doninva

• Contributor
Whats the difference!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2003, 03:18:52 PM »
Zachery, I have a 3-9X40 3200 and I agree it is a good scope but, in my opinion, the Burris is a little brighter but my old eyes might be fooling me  :wink:  I also liked the Leupold VXII but the euro focus adjustment on the Burris seems to suit me better. I probably am swayed towards other scopes because of a straight 6X Leupold I owned for about 10 years that failed at the worst possible time. I missed a really nice buck(the best I've ever shot at) and two does before I finally figured out the gun was shooting 18" low :oops: . I had that scope on several guns with no trouble and Leupold repaired it. They replaced all the internal adjustment mechinism and got it back very fast but there will always be that doubt in the back of my mind :shock:. Don

Offline doninva

• Contributor
Whats the difference!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2003, 02:36:24 PM »
I know one of you guys knows the difference between these scopes, so a little help please :D  Don