Author Topic: kahr handgun magazines  (Read 674 times)

Offline Scibaer

• Central Michigan, USA, Earth
  • Trade Count: (25)
  • FATE FAVORS THE WISE
kahr handgun magazines
« on: April 22, 2010, 02:53:37 AM »
One complaint about the Kahr's are the lack of extra magazines. And we all know how expensive the factory mags are.
Here is a couple places online that offer new and used mags. If someone buys a mag from one of these sites, let us know what you think.

Top Gun supply at http://www.topgunsupply.com/kahr-magazines/

Ivanhoe Warehouse at http://www.ivanhoeoutlet.com/shop/index.php?action=category&id=13&subid=36

Offline Chickasaw Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: kahr handgun magazines
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 08:46:41 AM »
I found some ProMag .40's at a gun show a few years back and took a chance. I think I paid about $20/ea. One shot great the other was a disaster. Then I discoverd the "bad" one was a 9mm. Next gun show I took it back to the guy and he traded it out for me. Eversince both of those mags have functioned just fine in my K40. On the other hand I bought a 6.8spc for a AR15 from ProMag and it was a disaster. I try to buy mags now days from somewhere I can get a return policy. Ch
Always remember that when seconds count the Police are only minutes away!

Offline Scibaer

• Central Michigan, USA, Earth
  • Trade Count: (25)
  • FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 12:02:33 PM »
addressing the concern over getting a bad mag, the Ivanhoe sites return policy states  " Any item, if returned to us within 7 days, in the same condition as received , will be replaced, credited or refunded for the merchandise value only.  No shipping charges will be credited or refunded.  A return order form (printed on the back of your invoice) must be enclosed with your return."

and that seems fairly reasonable, but the Top Gun site seems to be less accommodating , saying

"If you are not happy with any of our accessories, you may return it in "as received" condition within 30 days for a refund. Returns must be in unused/untested/new condition with undamaged, unopened manufacturers original packaging including all included labels, instructions, inserts etc.. Product must be resalable. Returns are subject to a 10% restocking fee. Shipping is non-refundable"

i'm not real clear on how a customer would know if thier newly purchased mag would work or not if they could not test it and expect to get thier money back or a replacement , should a problem arise.

Offline Chickasaw Hunter

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 02:08:46 PM »
Would look like making sure the customer is happy may not be an item very high in the business plan. The other folks seem reasonable, but sometimes I could find it difficult to get in some shooting time on their time table. Ch
Always remember that when seconds count the Police are only minutes away!

Offline helotaxi

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 04:36:04 AM »
My two Kahrs are carry guns and with that in mind, I'll pay for factory mags.  They've proven dead reliable.  I also don't expect them to ever wear out and I don't need many of them.  I bought 2 extras for my CW9 because they were available and it only came with one (I usually keep one loaded with HPs and use the other two for practice at the range).  The P45 came with 2 and I don't plan on buying more at this time.