Author Topic: New to me 410  (Read 479 times)

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
New to me 410
« on: September 30, 2009, 04:34:54 PM »
I had an old cub cadet riding mower that was getting tired and  Have walked into a couple of the heavy craftsman garden tractors  so  I posted the cub on craigslist
I had had a few hit but nothing serious  and was ready to take  down the listing   I got a call from a young man interested in the cub because he likes restoring old garden tractors He didn't have a whole lot of money I had listed I would consider trades He had some tires and rims I could use and a 410  youth gun well I don't like the straight stocks on the youth guns and have  2 410 H&R's all ready but told him to bring it along and I'd look . I figured I could trade it for something  well when he brought it out it is a youth gun all right , but with a pistol grip/ standard shaped stock  and shnouble (sp?) fore arm and  hard  butt plate  instead of recoil pad. It now resides here  ;D and my garden tractor has new shoes
Forgive the spelling It's late and I'm tired
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
Re: New to me 410
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 05:16:46 AM »
Roy Just like Dances with Wolves GooooD Trade ;) I let my 22 yr old Craftsman go last yr and bought a wheelhorse that has been nothing but trouble just replaced the blade belt the other day cost me $66 and I changed it myself hell I used to get 5yr out of the craftsman belt. I'd just about take a 22-250Ultra Varmint for this Wheelhorse right now .Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 05:30:41 AM »
  Don't buy standard type belts at the "Original equipment" store..they will cost you. If the old one is intact, go to an automotive or better yet farm equip store and get one the same size..usually less $$$. If they are a strange,"multi-twist" belt you may have to stick with original, but with a straight forward belt the farm equipment belt may even be better.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 11:56:23 AM »
Kurt aroung here they think them wheelhorse garden tractors are gold I've seen 60's models with no engines on craigslist for $300.  . I pick up the first craftsman a mid 80'smodel mainly because I was looking for a blade for snow and by the time I got the cub a blade fitted It would cost almost as much as buying a good use garden tractor and my cub was tired so it was just a matter of time till it needed the engine rebuilt. I sold a single six and had that money and saw the second craftsman for sale .Garden tractor being like guns One is never enough I bought it . I had the camera out the other day trying to get pictures of a flock of turkeys while I took the deck off  and put the blade on .I didn't get the turkeys but I took this of the garden tractors GTV 16 and a GT 6000
I really didn't want a youth gun I don't like the straight stock I was going to take it just to help the kid out ,  because he didn't have much money and wanted the cub. when He brought out the gun I was suprised to say the least to see it was a pistol grip style stock and a schnabel forearm
Ironglow you are dead on about the belts a pto drive belt for that cub was $30 from the dealer it was $10 from our belt supplier at work

The silver tractor now has ag tires on it too
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier