Author Topic: Melting scrap lead  (Read 1168 times)

Offline KING

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Melting scrap lead
« on: December 19, 2002, 04:32:06 PM »
:D  Well.  After about three long days,and almost a 40lb container of propane,I got about 500lbs of lead from a bunch of wheelweights.  I used those small muffin tins fer making the pigs otta.  Now,I have 9 big,white buckets of range lead from our departments inside training range to melt down.  I think im just about done fer this winter,cause now i wanna cast some bullets fer my .45-70,.45-120,and my .50-140.  I was casting outside cause it was not snowing or raining and it gets kinda interesting if water gets on that molten lead.  Maybe after muzzle loader season is over on this Saturday,I an actually cast some projos,and start shooting again. 8)  8)  8) king
THE ONLY FEMALE THAT I TRUST IS A LABRADOR.......AND SHE DONT SNOORE,AND DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT MY COOKING...THE ONLY GODS THAT EXIST ARE THOSE THAT HAVE ONE IN THE CHAMBER,AND 19 IN THE MAG.......

Offline Cheyenne Ranger

Melting scrap lead
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 01:51:21 PM »
sounds like you have been having fun.  I've got a bunch of lead melted down into ingots but still have more WW to go.  And I'm always afraid if I tell my "supplier" I don't need any more the supply will dry up.  
Gotta start shooting more, too!!
SASS 48747L
RO II
Thunder River Renegades
SBSS #1170--OGB

Offline KING

• A Real Regular
Melting scrap lead
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 04:47:53 PM »
:D I kinda have it lucky in that arena.  When I would have a vehicle impounded I had about 5 wrecker services to contact.  So when I stop in to have a cuppa coffee and ask if there be any WW laying around not doing anything it always gets placed in the bed of my pick em truck.  Actually I dont have to even ask.  One of the three strips kinda wanted to know one day howcum the back bumper on my cruiser was draggin a little.  I told him that the LT. was looking fer him,and then he just plain dissappear,  Of course I cudda told him I was xporting spend projo.  That would have kept him busy figuring that out fer awhile. :-D  :-D  :-D King
THE ONLY FEMALE THAT I TRUST IS A LABRADOR.......AND SHE DONT SNOORE,AND DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT MY COOKING...THE ONLY GODS THAT EXIST ARE THOSE THAT HAVE ONE IN THE CHAMBER,AND 19 IN THE MAG.......

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Melting scrap lead
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 11:13:56 PM »
I got the desiese too I cant even ride by a tire sales without stopping with my bucket
blue lives matter