Author Topic: New to board, looking for help with a high school cannon.  (Read 1669 times)

Offline brass cannon

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New to board, looking for help with a high school cannon.
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011, 09:41:17 PM »
email me with your phone number and we can talk about your activity.  (ccresap@sbcglobal.net)  I have family in Phoenix so am over there often including in March when we do an artillery course for the NMLRA  at their Spring shoot at Ben Avery, where I am the instructor.  You can order powder from Clarksville Rod and Gun.  I have found that the best powder for shooting blanks is their "re-enactor" grade, with a foil cartridge and no wadding.  It needs to be wormed after each shot to remove the foil but there is usually no residue on the ground after the shot.  You need to prick the charge before firing which might be a problem with the ignition you are using.  What is the wall thickness of your tube?  It appears to be OK but you need to know what you are doing.  Mishandled cannons can blow up and kill people. The sound I hear from your video sounds like a rifle shot which says pressure.  A cannon should be more of a boom.   Brass Cannon