Author Topic: need fuse  (Read 884 times)

Offline tidfam

• Trade Count: (0)
need fuse
« on: August 22, 2010, 03:27:08 PM »
This looks like a pretty active topic.  Folks I'm sorry, I'm new here, I know there is a better way, but I'm lost on this site trying to find a good online place to buy cannon fuse.  I'm looking for 1.8mm for a firecracker shooter.  I guess I should admit looking for hours, and still not finding a place to buy cannon stuff.  Can somebody please either tell me a good place or where to find a good place preferably a place that supports this website.  You can PM me or post here.  Thanks.

Offline irishman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
    • Brooks-USA
Re: need fuse
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 03:49:11 PM »
Hey tidfam,

I apologize for not suppling a link for the fuse a few minutes ago. We have been recommending www.cannonfuse.com for years. They are great!

Michael

Offline tidfam

Re: Seacoast Artillery to Re-Create Krupp Seacoast Gun
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 03:58:29 PM »
Thanks Michael.  Did you see my two questions I sent to you?

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
need fuse
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 04:08:37 PM »
This looks like a pretty active topic.  Folks I'm sorry, I'm new here, I know there is a better way, but I'm lost on this site trying to find a good online place to buy cannon fuse.  I'm looking for 1.8mm for a firecracker shooter.  I guess I should admit looking for hours, and still not finding a place to buy cannon stuff.  Can somebody please either tell me a good place or where to find a good place preferably a place that supports this website.  You can PM me or post here.  Thanks.

Right at the top of our forum us a  list of stickies. One of the stickies is the GBO Sponsors & Blackpowder Cannons links list.    The first part of that sticky is our sponsors and I strongly urge you to go to them first for your cannon needs. They are the ones who make this board possible.  I shamelessly promote all their products.

The second post is a list of internet links to sites providing cannon related material.  If you scroll down that list you will find a section for fuse.

If you have a question go ahead and open a new post and ask your question.  If it is posted in an unreleated topic it is very likely to get missed or if off topic ignored.

I moved you message out into it's own topic.

So since you need fuse you must have a cannon tell us about it.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 04:59:55 PM »
tidfam -

WELCOME to the board!

We're expecting pictures of smoke and flame.

What do you like to shoot?
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline tidfam

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 05:19:21 PM »
Thanks Douglas.  I am getting help from Michael at brooks.USA.com deciding which firecracker shooter to get, and why.  A firecracker shooter sounds like loads of fun.  They have quite a few firecracker shooters there.  I liked the looks of the Parrot the best and asked Michael if there were ANY disadvantages to the Parrot.  He allowed that the M-BPFC was so user friendly, it might be easier to master.  My next favorite to look at was their 30cal. Mountain Howitzer.  It is on the same page as the M-BPFC and I have what is hopefully my last question before buying.  Is the 30cal. Mountain Howitzer beginner friendly?
  I finally saw the two places that were listed on this site as fuse suppliers.  Neither listed the 1.8mm-2.2mm fuse recommended by Michael, and I did not know how much leeway there was, and the small fuse was listed in 1/16 and 1/32 increments.  Comparing my caliper thing in mm to a measuring tape, what was offered seemed too big.  I have asked Michael to recommend which size is right.
  I have contacted armorer77 about a couple of his cannons.  I wrote to him a couple of times and he answered pretty quickly.  I wrote to him last on Friday morning and have not heard from him.  I hope he is OK.  I saw the video where he was trying to blow up a barrel of his.  I was impressed.  I could not believe what that barrel took.  I have confidence that he is making some very tough barrels.
  So actually I don't have a cannon yet, but I am working on it as fast as I can.  Thanks for your help.  Thanks guys.  When I get going I promise to try to master posting pictures.  In fact I look forward to it.  Like we say around here, "I caint hardly wait".

Offline Zulu

• Honor is a gift a man gives himself.
    • Wood & Ironworks
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 05:40:49 PM »
tidfam,
At least you are doing your homework before your purchase.  There are so many folks who buy some barrel then try to do their homework.
Welcome.
Zulu
Zulu's website
www.jmelledge.com

Offline tidfam

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 06:04:23 PM »
Thanks Zulu and Cat Whisperer.  I was about to do just that, until I discovered this web site.  Thanks to everybody that makes the duck fly here.  I think that you have succesfully promoted the safe, sane and fun use of cannons here, and you may very well have saved me and mine injury.

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 08:04:07 PM »
Here is another source for fuse. They have some of the smaller stuff:
http://www.skylighter.com/mall/ignition.asp
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline tidfam

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 09:36:16 AM »
Thanks Ex 49'er, I will check them out and save them to favorites.

Offline intoodeep

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 03:08:03 PM »
tidfam,

I have purchased mine from http://www.pyrocreations.com/home_page. I only purchase the American fuse as I do not care for the way the Chinese fuse tends to burn.
If you make it idiot proof, then, someone will make a better idiot.

Offline tidfam

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 05:12:11 PM »
Thanks intoodeep.  Looks like they may have what I need.  Viewed and saved to favorites.

Offline irishman

• Contributor
    • Brooks-USA
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 06:26:15 PM »
tidfam,

am working on the solution. More info due me tomorrow. There is a temporary shortage of 1.8 and 2.2mm dia visco fuse. Worse case scenerio is to slightly modify the fuse holes on the barrels you ordered. We appreciate your business and your quick communication. We have not lost track of your Sons' Birthday.

Michael

Offline tidfam

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 04:56:22 AM »
Thanks Michael.  It's great that you can work on the fuse and the hole both.  I'll be looking forward to hearing from you.

Offline dan610324

• bronze cannons and copper stills ;-))
    • dont have
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 10:52:27 AM »
have anyone tried that 1,4 millimeter fuse ??

if so , is it reliable ??
Dan Pettersson
a swedish cannon maniac
interested in early bronze guns

better safe than sorry