Author Topic: h&r reliability  (Read 608 times)

Offline billd

• Trade Count: (0)
h&r reliability
« on: October 12, 2009, 10:35:50 AM »
hi guys been reading about ultra slug hunter am considering buying one. is there a big difference in recoil between 12 and 20  is one more accurate? i would also want to purchase a muzzelloader barrel in a few months can it go on the same frame and are they accurate seen some issues on reliability. are the newer models any better im looking at the usht for deer to about 100 yds  mostly about 70 or less just found this site and amazed at the info possibilitys   thankyou for any replies.

Offline Slackdaddy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: h&r reliability
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 01:50:46 PM »
I have been slug hunting for 18 years, I have 6 slug guns, if I had to do it again:

20 ga. - more than enough energy, save your shoulder, flatter?
H&R USLH Thumbhole stock in 20 gauge, then add the ML barrel, (you can find ML barrels on here for 90-100)

That would have saved me a lot of money on all the slug guns, ML I have bought.

Slack
Nicholas Andraka
REO Services
Serving Maryland since 1993
http://reoservicesofmaryland.com    reo_services@verizon.net

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: h&r reliability
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 04:32:16 PM »
To answer part of your question, the 12ga USH SB2 frame can only be fitted with 10ga barrels, the barrel swell is larger at 1.2XX" on the USH and 10ga barrels than the 1.1XX" regular shotgun and rifle barrels, so the frame has a larger opening to accept them. The 20ga USH uses a standard SB1 frame, so Huntsman barrels can be fitted depending on availability if you use the acc barrel program, you can fit a second hand barrel yourself tho if you're the DIY type as SD hinted at, see the barrel fitting info in the FAQs.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain