Author Topic: what to do? ccw question  (Read 1865 times)

Offline broken arrow

• Trade Count: (0)
what to do? ccw question
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2003, 08:08:56 PM »
Thank you Tripper. I agree with you on the snatch and run theory. The man I spoke to regarding his weapon in this post had a Ruger automatic in a non-locking Fobus holster. It was in plain view. My officer pulled it from his holster before he realized he didn't have it. An action is always quicker than a reaction. :roll:
"Cowards die many times before their death, The valiant never taste of death but once."

Offline 454Puma

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
what to do? ccw question
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2003, 05:46:31 AM »
tripper
 When your pulled over for speeding -you have broken the law! Also when was the last time  a legal CCW holder shot and killed a cop- please state when and where? I don't think a cop needs to worry about a citizen who is legaly CCW- he needs to worry about all the one's that are not legally carring- they like to shot cops!!

Let me put it this way- Brokenarrow stated- the gentlemen in question had not broken any of the statues of TENNESSEE!! The mall in question didn't have any signs saying he could not carry openly -so why if he was compling with the Mall/state rules did you feel the need to bother that man?  If you were so worried about him why didn't you just have a couple of your "Mall Nija's" follow him until he left? Then you could of been happy that no one got hurt and he didn't have to be hassled by you!! Simple solution to an uncomplexed problem!
One shot , One Kill

Offline williamlayton

what to do? ccw question
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2003, 09:12:09 AM »
my understanding of tha situation was he did not know if he was legal and checked him out fer that. he knew he had a gun-he did not know he had a permit.
if i was him i would check out any and all who i saw carrying open. what is the big arguement on being checked for a permit--it is legal and i suspect the other patrons would feel better knowing we were checking. how many times ya been stopped to check fer insurance or d.l.
look folks-i carried illegally for 30+ years but nobody knew, well they probable knew but didn't want too know/suspected but didn't care to find out. if i had brandished they would have made an issue of it to. at least take it from me and that is in texas where -god knows- guns was like termites,,,everwhere.
blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Smiley

CCW
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2003, 11:19:37 AM »
Puma cut back on the Hopps.
 This guy is in charge of Security, he is there to limit problems. He has every right to make sure this open carry is legal, Then ask him to leave due to no guns allowed post.  If he has the means to secure he could ask the guy to check it, if not only to leave. Now the guy can conceal it or put it in his truck what ever its his decision. But since the officer seen it he has to comply with SOP. He didn't violate the guys rights, in my stateif and officer stops you and you are carrying you have to show him the permit, its the law. So go for it man if they openly carry and violate the sop ask them to leave after checking there permit, if legal ask them to leave or comply, if not call po;ice... BYE>>><:)

Offline Savage

what to do? ccw question
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2003, 12:00:41 PM »
Looks like Smiley has a handle on this thing! The security guards should check anyone carrying openly for a permit. Now, snatching the man's gun-----H-LL NO!!! Try that on a properly retention trained individual and you're going to get hurt!!
Stay Safe,
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,