Author Topic: looseness with forearm off??  (Read 518 times)

Offline oldfart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
looseness with forearm off??
« on: November 07, 2009, 09:32:00 AM »
i have had several threads on here about my optima, so far ya'll or cva have help straighten them out. this time i have question about barrel to frame tightness, when i take the forearm off and hold the stock tight there is a slight movement side to side.i can't see it but can feel it just a little, there is no up and down movement. with the forearm on there is no movement, i tried my other optima the one i've never fired and its the same way. with the forearms on they are tight but take the forearms off and there is slight movement. is this normal?, i contacted cva again and they said its ok to have movement with the forearm off, but it should be tight with the forearm on. have any of ya'll tried your's to see if they are tight with the forearm off? i'm not talking about a lot of wobble but if i hold the frame tight there is slight movement with the forearm off. thanks for any help.

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
Re: looseness with forearm off??
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 09:39:19 AM »
if its just a tiny bit i see no cause to worry. They pivot on a pin. they dont have the drive through pin like the optima elite so it cant be 100% tight. on my accura when its broke open, theres just slightly a bit of wiggle. Close it, its locked up tight.

Offline oldfart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: looseness with forearm off??
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 09:43:41 AM »
thanks i feel better now, it wasn't much movement just enough to make me wonder. also with the forearm on it was tight so i didn't know if it was ok. also it wasn't easy to move side to side with it off but it did move slightly.