Author Topic: BRNO 602 in 375H&H  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Austin1

• Trade Count: (0)
BRNO 602 in 375H&H
« on: November 05, 2009, 04:26:43 PM »
I have a Brno 602 in 375 H&H bought it when I was 18 I am now going on 41 lol Best Rifle I have owned I shoot 235 gr Speers for Gophers here in Western Canada and use 270 and 300gr bullets of all makes for big game hunting. Best powder I have found was N204 81 grs gives me 2640fps with a 300gr Sierra Bt best Elk gun going that I own. I guess I am old fashioned but I hate to call it a CZ it's a Brno to me have one in 7x64 too.
Don't now if this has been said before but because of the long throat and big (long Mag) I can stick my bullets way out and still be about .015/.020 off the rifling giving me a extra 100 fps in the big gun.
I was so giddy when Nosler came out with the 260 gr Partition  and it a great all round bullet. Ya cant get the Norma powder anymore I here Reloader powders are the same or close? I will give them a try.
But dam I hate the word CZ lol, except when it comes to pistols I have a CZ75.
How's that for a first post? A Canadian that loves his guns  ::)
Walk softly and carry a big gun!

Offline Brithunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: BRNO 602 in 375H&H
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 12:58:00 AM »
Welcome  ;D whilst I don't have a Brno magnum I do have a 94 Vintage ZKK601 in .308 Win. I brought the Std and not the deluxe as I prefered the stock shape then discovered that the front sling swivel is right where my left hand wants to be so I made up a barrel band to hold the factory swivel. I also re-shaped the wood around the loading/ejection port and stripped off the factory finish and applied an oiled finish which brought the grain in the wood out really well. Oh I also took out the sett trigger and fitted the std curved one as I prefer the feel of it:-

If you look carefully you can see the angled area by the action.

I also picked up the Zeiss Jena ZF4/N scope and mount for it.

So I have a choice of the 6x42 with duplex reticle or the ZF4/n with it's German Tri Post reticle so I can have one zeroed for say 150 grain bullets and the other for the heavier 165 grain bullets..

A friend brought a ZKK 602 in 300 Win Mag and that rifle produced outstanding accuracy.