Author Topic: Leupold Customer service  (Read 584 times)

Offline revbc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (94)
    • NewLife Worship Center
Leupold Customer service
« on: October 06, 2009, 02:04:44 PM »
Have to say I've never been a leupold fan.  I'm usually in the cheap seats, and have found some really good bargins on good scopes, weaver classic and mueller being some of them.  With that said, I acquired through a trade a Vari X II 3-9x40 that did not have the windage and elevation caps.  Sent leupold an email a few hrs. ago asking how I could purchase them.  Got a reply saying they are sending them out to me free of charge.

Excellent and fast customer service, I think I have become a leupold fan!!!!

Bobby
Pastor, NewLife Worship Center
(Retired) Automotive Technology Instructor, West Feliciana High School
Avid Shooter, Hunter, Fisherman and owner of Handi Rifles

Offline jasonprox700

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Re: Leupold Customer service
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 04:58:36 PM »
That is one reason Leupold has such a large following.  Did Leupold make any money when you purchased the scope?  No, but they know that by having great customer service and providing you with replacement parts free of charge, they may gain a customer for life. 

If you look at companies that have a excellent customer service reputation, they also have a large and devoted following of customers.  I know that if I were in your situation, I too would probably look to Leupold for my next purchase.   

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 05:51:42 PM »
Yup read the story of the new Nikon that some how thru fault of owner or not is now bent. Nikon is charging him for it a scope he just bought new. Had it been Leupold and a scope bought used he'd have a new scope for free. It is why Leupold dominates the market place in the manner they do. It's also why they cost most than the competition that are as good as or a little better than them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline yooper77

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 07:04:09 AM »
Yes, Leupold standards are stellar above all other optics companies.

yooper77

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 01:28:38 PM »
I just sent my Leupold VX-II 2-7x33mm Shotgun Scope back to Leupold Wednesday for the third time.   I gotta be honest, if they send me the same scope back this time, I'm probably going to sell it and go with a different brand all together.   They had to "rework erector system" the last time it was back there so there was definitely a problem with it.   I haven't been impressed by Leupold's customer service or their products at all.  >:(           
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"