Author Topic: Handgun scope; new Bushnell trophy or used leupold ?  (Read 404 times)

Offline Noreaster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Handgun scope; new Bushnell trophy or used leupold ?
« on: November 10, 2009, 08:35:21 AM »
I'm looking at a used Leupold 2x or new Bushnell Trophy 2-6 same price. Which one. Putting it on 44mag.

Offline kynardsj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • Sweet Home Alabama
Re: Handgun scope; new Bushnell trophy or used leupold ?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 08:47:29 AM »
Seeing that the Leupold is only a 2x I'd go with the Trophy. I've had several of them and they are great scopes for a reasonable price. I've never had a problem with them. Leupolds are great too but the prices today are crazy.
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Handgun scope; new Bushnell trophy or used leupold ?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 11:36:19 AM »
If the .44 mag is a revolver I'd personally go with the Leupold 2X but if a TC or other specialty single shot handgun I'd go with the variable. I'm of the opinion that more than a 2X is just not needed on a .44 mag revolver and I prefer the wider FOV to the higher magnification.

On handguns I keep it set at the lowest magnification anyway when I have a variable on it and seldom ever turn it up before shooting. If it were a Burris 2-7 I might have said otherwise as it has same FOV at 2X as the Leupold 2X does but as much as I like the Bushnell 2-6 scopes their FOV is very narrow and since you're using a close range handgun why give up FOV for magnification.

That's the view from here.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!