Author Topic: Thesis on 16th Century Bronze Ordnance at the Museu De Angra Do Heroismo  (Read 394 times)

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Thesis on 16th Century Bronze Ordnance at the Museu De Angra Do Heroismo
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 10:32:36 PM »
Thanks for posting this, I hope she got a good grade on this paper, looks to be well executed 
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 01:08:20 AM »
I skimmed it over, very interesting.  I think a physicist would disagree with some of her assertions in some technical areas, but that shouldn't detract from the fine work she's done analyzing and describing the interesting collection of early bronze guns.  I was impressed with her data recording sheets, shown near the end of the report-the most detailed I've ever seen anyone use for old cannons.

I sent the link to our Spanish Artillery Research Associates (SARA).

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 04:57:25 AM »

I noticed that there are some familiar names in Miss Hoskins' acknowledgements.

"In addition, I would like to thank Ruth Brown, Robert Smith, and Javier Martin
Lopez for their generous help in answering some of my research questions. And finally,
I want to thank all of my friends and family for supporting me throughout my graduate
career, especially while researching and writing this thesis."
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter