Author Topic: xd-9 compact vs.glock 19 vs. m@p compact.  (Read 933 times)

Offline highwayman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
xd-9 compact vs.glock 19 vs. m@p compact.
« on: April 13, 2010, 03:07:40 PM »
i know this has been ask a few time but could you tell me some pro's and con's of these pistol's and please donot hold back!!!

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
Re: xd-9 compact vs.glock 19 vs. m@p compact.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 02:29:54 AM »
IMHO...the best thing to do is go to your firearms dealer  and handle each one of these pistols and choose the one that suits YOU the best...I recently did this at Bass Pro.... XD-40 subcompact vs Glock 27 vs M&P 40c....I chose the M&P because of its feel and I like the thin profile as compared to the wider and bulkier XD-40 and  the Glock + Smith & Wesson has $50 rebate offer (or 2 free clips)...The drawback on the 40c was capacity(9+1), but found that standard M&P magazines(14+1) would also fit, but stick out of the bottom, but when the SHTF looks don't matter all that much....
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline tonantius

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 06:43:02 AM »
Are you talking the compact (4-in) or subcompact (3-in) for the XD. I don't like the subcompact XD nor the Glock 19. The grips are too short and my pinkie is curled underneath. I guess they make Pearce grips to extend the mag grip. I did that with my LCP which improved the feel. But some people may not mind the feel.

Things I do like - bigger caliber with lots of rounds. I like the XD when shooting. I suspect the Glock is similar.

I like the feel of the Taurus Millennium Pro in .40 S&W. It is easier to conceal because the mag is slimmer but still holds 10 rounds. However, I have a harder time with the trigger pull on it, but practice does make perfect. With practice your accuracy will improve.

Offline highwayman

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 03:40:54 PM »
we are talking compacts not subcompacts. i donot like the subs at all.

Offline G1D

• Glock-O-Holic
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 09:43:36 AM »
Glock would be my choice, but I am biased toward Glock. I will advise a bit of caution if carrying around a wet environment toward the m&p, cause the slide will rust. XD and Glock finishes will not. All three will function fine and I like all, but you just need to handle and shoot all three first to see what your liking is.
my choice is Glock w/ a crossbreed holster.
"Do Something, It May Be Wrong, But do Something" (no idea)
Kimbers and Colts you show your friends, Glocks and XD's you show Bad Guys.