Author Topic: R.E.A.L Bullets in a Sidekick ?  (Read 720 times)

Offline scottjge

• Trade Count: (3)
R.E.A.L Bullets in a Sidekick ?
« on: November 08, 2009, 03:07:50 PM »
Has anyone any experience with the Lee REAL bullets in the sidekick ? I was contemplating on purchasing a mold but I don't know which would be better, the 250 gr REAL or the 320 REAL . Or would there be much difference at all in accuracy between the two? I haven't tried the new Hornady copper bullets yet, but I have read that they are awesome accurate.

What do ya think? 250 gr REAL or 320 gr REAL ? Which do you think would be the most accurate?

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
Re: R.E.A.L Bullets in a Sidekick ?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 02:03:13 PM »
I hav eno exerience withthe 320 but the 250s with 90 grains fo triple 7 shot very well. If you want a mol dlet me know. I switched to a pistl bulllet in a sabot so I no longer use this one
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline scottjge

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 12:24:57 PM »
Sure I am interested in the mold. What are you asking ? Would you want check, money order or cashiers check ? Do you have a paypal account?
Let me know and we can work out a deal. I have been wanting to try the REAL bullets for some time now but haven't heard of too many people using them.

If you are so far north in NY that you can see Canada. You must live in my back yard!  I too live close enough to see Canada.

Thanks for the reply.

Offline bubba

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 12:59:12 PM »
pm sent. I checked your profile, we are neighbors. No need for a check we can meet and do an exchange if that works.  I am 25 miles from you or so. 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline scottjge

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 01:05:08 PM »
Ok, I will be waiting for it. It hasn't arrived yet.

Offline bubba

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 01:08:49 PM »
it should be there ill email ya. my mail has the header bubba

Molon Labe

Offline scottjge

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 01:10:24 PM »
Just got it ! You have a reply in your mailbox.

Offline bubba

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 02:24:03 PM »
I met up with Scottjge tonight.  It turns out we live about 25 miles apart or so.  A great guy and his wife is very nice also. I hope the real bullets work out for you and enjoy the molds. I look forward to running in to you again soon. 

Bubba

Molon Labe

Offline scottjge

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 06:10:25 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Bubba. I really enjoyed our talk and hope we can do it again sometime. Thanks for all the information and I will soon be ordering the Modifications.

I cast a few bullets this morning with the mold and they threw some fairly decent bullets. I will have to slug the barrel and see what size of bullet that I will need as far as diameter. One mold throws a slightly smaller diameter bullet than the other so I will have to lap that one to get to the same size , but first we need to slug the gun.

Thanks again for everything and hope to see ya around.