Author Topic: RCBS X-Die or AI Rechamber? No definitive answer due to case/load variability  (Read 222 times)

Offline briannmilewis

• Trade Count: (11)
This is the last question in my research about X-Dies and AI Rechambers, as I want to make a decision for planning purposes.

I am convinced that both approaches significantly extend case life according to feedback on GBO and other web sources.

What I want to know is one better than the other, or does it come down to personal preference?

Have at it folks, I am hoping to gather field data from actual users of both approaches to settle once and for all. Thanks.

Offline briannmilewis

• Trade Count: (11)
Here's what seems to be the case. Case life can be greatly influenced by AI or X-Die use...but equally influenced by case fit (tight chamber with minimal tolerances using the same brass like the benchrest folks), neck sizing only, how hot you load, brass brand and thickness, and case design. All of these things can be cumulative if you do more than one of them. So my answer is to use X-Dies when they are available, and AI and neck-sizing when they are not. Case closed. By the way, I consider X-Dies are a viable work saver even when you do not shoot high volume, a better mouse trap so-to-speak.