Author Topic: anyone from oregon  (Read 3754 times)

Offline countryrebel8174

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
anyone from oregon
« on: March 13, 2006, 09:14:03 PM »
i just moved to central oregon and im looking for someone to hunt anything and everything :wink:  if anyone wants to go shoot something PM me.

country rebel :D
they can try and take my guns....but i aint givin' em up until all my shells are gone or i quit breathing.

Offline Robert

anyone from oregon
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 05:36:04 AM »
Whereabouts is Prineville?  I am in Hood River.
....make it count

Offline countryrebel8174

• Avid Poster
anyone from oregon
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 09:32:28 PM »
prineville is 34 miles east of bend. hey i gotta question and you might know the answer....the western oregon general deer hunt is that black tail only? i was thinking if i didnt draw a tag id just do a general hunt. hey  i was wondering if you know of any hogs in oregon. i talked to a guy that was saying there is hogs here in crook country but most of em are on private land and getting permission to hunt them is a reall hassle. i was just wondering if you knew of any other places that might have pigs
they can try and take my guns....but i aint givin' em up until all my shells are gone or i quit breathing.

Offline OR-E-GUN Hunter

anyone from oregon
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 02:25:22 PM »
I'm over on the coast, here....

As for those hogs, I have heard of some up out of Sisters and east of Bend.  Also rumors of a ranch over in the John Day area raising them for hunting purposes.
The general season deer hunt is blacktail only, as far as I know. http://www.dfw.state.or.us/ is the website that you want for the Oregon Dept of Fish and Wildlife.  I have found them rather uncooperative about info on the hog population, but with all the tree-hugging dirt-worshipers we have in this state it really isn't surprising.

Let me know if I can be of any help
When politics and negotiations fail, firepower and force prevail. :sniper:

Offline countryrebel8174

• Avid Poster
anyone from oregon
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 09:07:42 AM »
one of my bosses at work was telling me that he saw a couple of hogs near here....on public land :grin: . so that is promising. i think im just gonna have to get out and do some scouting around. i guess somebody turned a bunch of hogs loose about 10 years ago and they have been doing ok. man i tell ya what though if i run into one of them hogs its gonna be in serious trouble. ive been wanting to hunt em since i was a kid.
so where at on the coast ORE E GUN?  i went to college at swocc for awhile. but other then that i really dont know the coast that well been to lincoln city and newport. how do you hunt that terrain....its so dense. i was raised in eastern oregon so its a completly different world.

country rebel

Offline Don Fischer

• Trade Count: (1)
anyone from oregon
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 11:20:33 AM »
Your boss probally went out McKay Rd to the end and took the back way to Ashwood. Then he may have been out by Horse Heaven, I heard they've been seen out there. Most are on private land. Heard that last week Bolsher, gov trapper, was shooting them out of a plane over by Ashwood, don't know for sure. If you run into him, feel free to beat the crap out of him. Great trapper but an a__hole! Meet him and you'll learn to hate him!
:wink: Even a blind squrrel find's an acorn sometime's![/quote]

Offline countryrebel8174

• Avid Poster
anyone from oregon
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 09:56:19 PM »
actually he was sayin they were near grizzly, don.

Offline Don Fischer

• Trade Count: (1)
anyone from oregon
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 01:21:02 PM »
Wow! That's the first report I've heard of them over there. Doesn't really suprize me though. They are moving all over. Go toward Madras on hwy 26 and I think there's a turnoff to Grizzly. I understand there's not a town there anymore, it's just a place! They most likely came over the hills from Ashwood as that's where they were....escaped???????from!
:wink: Even a blind squrrel find's an acorn sometime's![/quote]

Offline OR-E-GUN Hunter

anyone from oregon
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 06:51:30 PM »
Rebel -
  I'm just outside of Lincoln City, but work in town.  As for our method of hunting, clearcuts and down and dirty brush busting.  If you can get through the thick stuff, hunting the timber aint bad.

If you do find those hogs over there, PLEASE let me know - I may just have to proclaim ROAD TRIP to the wife and take off for a weekend.
When politics and negotiations fail, firepower and force prevail. :sniper:

Offline countryrebel8174

• Avid Poster
anyone from oregon
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 07:58:51 PM »
OR-E-GUN HUNTER,

if i find pigs over here ill personally take you to them...deal.
ill keep ya posted.

country rebel

Offline mries

Re: anyone from oregon
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 11:53:03 AM »
The post title is, "Anyone from Oregon", so I'll jump in...

I'm in Southern Oregon (Grants Pass) and new to hunting in Oregon and mainly interested in hunting Rockchucks and/or ground squirrels.

Would be great to find some folks of like mind who could offer some feedback and guideance for hunting same in Oregon.

Marc

Offline BUTCHER45

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 08:56:15 AM »
     I'm in Oregon.  Got a hot lead on where to hunt some hogs, too.  Looking for a hunting partner or several to assist in scouting the areas.

Chris Butcher
click here for.45caliberAirgun slideshow

Offline Gary paugh

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 02:11:17 AM »
I'm trying to get ready to  hunt bears but could take a day or so to look for hogs  i've been wanting to go do some calling for coyotes also.

Gary

Offline countryrebel8174

• Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 09:45:06 PM »
     I'm in Oregon.  Got a hot lead on where to hunt some hogs, too.  Looking for a hunting partner or several to assist in scouting the areas.

Chris Butcher

what part of the state are we talking about?

Offline BUTCHER45

• Avid Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 01:06:56 AM »
     North-Central Oregon.  Antelope area.  I just met a lady that was raised there.  She went on a hog hunt with a family member many years ago and said they got three in one day that weighed around 150 lbs.  She says she knows of some prime land to go to and is willing to guide.
     I hear there's hogs right where you are in Prineville.  Seen any action?
     If I can get a hog in the next few weeks I can probably get a write-up done and get it published in an issue of an up-coming hunting magazine. I hope to be the first documented hunter to take a feral hog in Oregon with an airgun.  My .45 "Boomstick" and a 262 grain SWC are just itchin' for a hog BAD! 
     That's it.  I'm going to go whack a pile of nutria here at sunrise in a couple of hours when they are all out just to ease the tension (LOL).  They get the 205grain Venoms today.

BUTCHER

Offline countryrebel8174

• Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 12:52:46 AM »
i havent seen any here personally but some of the guys at work have. they said they saw them at night and near water. i really want to shoot one but i just havent been able to find the time to look for one.

Offline BUTCHER45

• Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 08:40:37 AM »
     When you find the time I would like to tag along if possible.  Or if you could help me out by finding out the exact places your friends saw the hogs, if it is private land I will start looking for permission to set-up some scent stations and a trail cam to get them coming around consistantly.  I am very dedicated to hunting hogs in Oregon.

Offline FG1

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 04:35:50 PM »
Anybody from down Klamath Falls way ? I've heard of hogs on the California / Oregon border. I know a rancher on the Cali side that has been blasting them frequently for ruining his alfalfa crops.

Offline luciausarmy

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 06:56:47 PM »
old post but moving back to outer portland area beaverton when uncle sam lets me go. (43 days left!!)

Offline mrussel

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 08:55:48 PM »
I'm over on the coast, here....

As for those hogs, I have heard of some up out of Sisters and east of Bend.  Also rumors of a ranch over in the John Day area raising them for hunting purposes.
The general season deer hunt is blacktail only, as far as I know. http://www.dfw.state.or.us/ is the website that you want for the Oregon Dept of Fish and Wildlife.  I have found them rather uncooperative about info on the hog population, but with all the tree-hugging dirt-worshipers we have in this state it really isn't surprising.

Let me know if I can be of any help

Ask those tree hugging dirt worshippers who is paying for wildlife conservation and habitat restoration. I bet they dont know.  :)