Author Topic: Thought I would send a Christmas greeting from Norway.  (Read 815 times)

Offline oyvind

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Thought I would send a Christmas greeting from Norway.
« on: December 21, 2009, 09:09:00 AM »
Hey ..
Thought I would send a Christmas greeting from Norway.
We have some strange Hoby. like jumping from the mountain tops.
This is close to where I live.

[yt=425,350]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I4U6T_BB1N8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I4U6T_BB1N8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/yt]

[yt=425,350]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X_PKW8PtUjs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X_PKW8PtUjs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/yt]

[yt=425,350]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PCS2VeeQzo8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PCS2VeeQzo8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/yt]

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Thought I would send a Christmas greeting from Norway.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 09:25:34 AM »
Wow!!! Now that's the way to fly. ;)

So that's what the children of my Norwegian ancestors do for fun? :o Well, it makes me proud to be 1/4 Norwegian. ;D

Merry Christmas to you too Oyvind and Thank You for the awesome videos.
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline Max Caliber

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 11:51:26 AM »
Christmas greetings to you too Oyvind. I would have loved to do that when I was a young man. Now, I would get at least a number nine pucker from just watching someone do that.
Max

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 12:04:47 PM »
That is near unbelieveable  :o I'm waiting for the jet wings to come out on the market  :D
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 12:18:37 PM »
Geez that looks dangerous. How many folks bash into the cliffs and die or get maimed for life each year doing that? I know some have to as close as they were coming. It is fascinating to watch but this old fat boy wasn't made to fly.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 02:06:40 PM »
Let me get this right shooting guns and cannons is dangerous, right?

Oyvind that is some pretty wild stuff!!

Merry Christmas to you!!!

Offline Soot

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 02:42:09 PM »
That is near unbelieveable  :o I'm waiting for the jet wings to come out on the market  :D

Here ya go

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 03:02:08 PM »
Good luck Chuck! Turbines on feet some sort of nylon suit , and and a rip stop nylon Parachute ......

I'm talking the English Channel guy four '4 burnin ,stomach churning !'  :o

"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline gulfcoastblackpowder

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 03:02:33 PM »
That's incredible!  I've seen it before, but what a nice location to fly in!  I'd never do it, though I would like to jump out of a perfectly good airplane sometime.  I doubt you can get a feeling more like being a falcon than by doing this...unless you dove to the ground and came up with a rodent between your teeth.

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 03:13:32 PM »
Thats the kind of flying I have dreams about ! Usually though grocery store while knockin over isles of food .

But sometimes outside too . ::)

Ripping through the air at 100 mph right next to a mountain hairpin turn !!!!!

Up in the Sky ,it's a man , it's a plane ......!!!!!!!

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 04:20:49 PM »
So what is the duration of a typical flight?  What is your glide ratio?  Has anyone tried a flare landing yet?  ;D
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline BoomLover

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 05:09:14 PM »
 ;D Loved all three videos! I'll stick to cannons, but I could watch that all day! Thanks for this Christmas Greeting! BoomLover
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
    • seacoastartillery.com
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 06:35:34 PM »
     Merry Christmas to you!  Thanks so much for sharing those videos!  Forty years ago I jumped out of a perfectly good aircraft, but that is like walking my dog compared to what you do.  Yikes!!  These days I am content to fire a few cannons and hit the REPLAY button to watch you again.

Best wishes,

Tracy
Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 07:11:56 PM »
How did that landing go Tracy ? Hummmmmm , ??????

"brave young man jumps ..and damn near dies , into a field with plowed rows .....on and on ..."  :o

Thats funny ,how I remember this effort at the time ! Did you actually hear you own leg snap ? god I hope not . feet together tuck and roll ,right ?  ;)

Myself ,I would crunch like a potato chip . Even if the chute opened fine , maybe a tandem jump sometime maybe ...proly not ...

As for lift and glide ratios , I dont think there's anything other than an angle of attack sort of 'lift' here ,I wonder how close they are to stalling ? Or if they've played with high speed stalls .

But that is just a matter of time proposition ! Norway Rocks Big Time !

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 09:36:52 PM »
Looks like there could be an added expense in the dropped snow skis. Sure ain't for the faint of heart or for fatboys. I'm perfectly happy to experience it from the safety of my chair and watching it on my 'puter. Merry Christmas to our cannon brethern in Norway. And a Happy New Year, too.
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!