Author Topic: Just purchased my first sidekick  (Read 865 times)

Offline rsellers1

• Trade Count: (0)
Just purchased my first sidekick
« on: November 12, 2009, 08:14:34 AM »
 This is the first ML I have ever had and glad I found this forum, I bought this for my 13 yr. old son, but I think I might just keep the gun for myself.  Have ordered my Modification and found a local supplier for Blackhorn 209, should be shooting this weekend.  Thanks for all the great info and in case you want to know I got this beauty for $120.00 and it looks like it is new.

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
Re: Just purchased my first sidekick
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 09:50:59 AM »
 A good deal, and I am sure you will like it!

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline Keith Lewis

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 04:09:54 PM »
You might want to check into the Hubbard Outdoors ram rod. It is a lot more solid than the production one has two inches more length when extended, has the correct threads for muzzleloading accessories and has the end relieved for pointed bullets. I believe it is still available and the one I bought for my Huntsman is beautiful and extremely well made. You have a really good rifle with a very good barrel and the trigger is usually as good as any production muzzleloader regardless of price just as received without any extra work. Enjoy.

Offline rsellers1

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 12:09:46 PM »
Thanks for the info on the Hubbard, I will look into that, bought an after market one today for range use.

Offline rsellers1

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 12:45:52 PM »
Got the ML scoped and sighted in for 100yds, shooting 1.5 inch groupings from the lead sled, man that blackhorn 209 is awesome.  The new MU breech plug works great and am waiting for my Hubbard ramrod to come in.  Have taken it out a few times looking for some doe's but no luck yet and hope the snow comes in this week like they say, better hunting in the cold than the warm.  Oh and by the way my son is dying to get his hands on this thing, I guess I could let him use it since I got it for him lol.  For those who want to know Im shooting 90 grains and a 250gr. SST by Hornady.

Offline Slackdaddy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 02:25:16 PM »
Did you get a SS or blued ?

Slack
Nicholas Andraka
REO Services
Serving Maryland since 1993
http://reoservicesofmaryland.com    reo_services@verizon.net

Offline rsellers1

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 07:26:12 AM »
It is blued, and recieved my Hubbard Ramrod today, it looks mighty fine, great workmanship.