Author Topic: Big Boss II gets a little brother  (Read 277 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Big Boss II gets a little brother
« on: December 05, 2009, 02:23:47 PM »
Most of you know that I have been a Lee press man for many, many years , that was till last week when I got a new Redding BB2 as an early CHRISTmas present from Mama , well I was out to the Lima gun show this morning and came across a nice priced Big Boss , NIB .

It now sits nicely beside its big brother on the bench were the old Echo C-style press once lived , I still have the old Lee 3 hole turret that I started with over 30 years ago bolted down , not sure I have the heart to scrap it , even though its wobble has gotten worse over the last year .

To make a long story short , Me thinks Me likes the Redding's .  ;) ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Big Boss II gets a little brother
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 11:22:31 PM »
You will not to buy another one, the Redding presses will literally last you a life time. Now you can form the Wasp brass with ease. I have a RCBS Rock Chucker that I am tired of looking at, but there is no good reason to replace it.
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline flashhole

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 01:55:28 AM »
Congrats on both additions.  You will really like the Redding presses.  I've found the ram alignment to be spot on.  Here's a pic of my new bench with my two Redding presses.  I've had the Ultramags for several years now, just added the Lee cast presses over the past year or so.  The Ultramags are as tight today as the day I bought them and are very strong.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 02:31:12 AM »
Glad to see you have "seen the light" brother!! ;D

The LEE presses work, (for a while ::) ) but just are not in the same league as REDDING.

I personally do not like them or most any LEE product. BUT mine is a different opinion. As I have said many times on here, I have sold this stuff to countless hundreds of people. I see first hand the daunting numbers of returned LEE equipment. Mostly quality problems, some pieces wearing out too fast while others still just didn't work and where replaced. LEE was fairly good at replacing the pieces. But my point was if they just made a better product, the customers would not have to put up with the grief. many are willing to swap cheaper prices for sub quality equipment. if that's what you have to do or what your willing to accept go for it. I am not, I believe its not what you need to spend, its when you must spend it. Personally, I have more money than patients and expect what I spend my hard earned dollars on to work as its intended to.

Just don't want to come off like a broken record or a LEE BASHER. I just want others to know why I suggest against LEE products. I have bought it and used it myself and found problems almost everytime. I like this place and like the guys on here. I have information that may help with frustration with purchasing known problem merchandise. I see it day in and day out and have for the past twenty something years. Just passing it along.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 09:53:59 AM »
CW

You have some valid points , there is no question that Lee is not top notch in most of its products , the biggest reasons I like Lee for someone just starting out is that they are easy to operate and are a low cost way to start loading .

If someone is not sure that loading is their " cup of tea " then there should be no reason for them to spend more money than needed just to find that out .

stimpy

PS --- I should have gotten the Redding's years ago .  ;D ;D ;D
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped