Author Topic: Difference between Simmons 8 point and Master series?  (Read 545 times)

Offline Brithunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Difference between Simmons 8 point and Master series?
« on: December 05, 2009, 07:18:42 PM »
Hi All,

It looks like I will need yet another scope  ::) as I have robbed one off a BSA .22 L/R to put on the 25-06 that I just got and this Simmons 6-18x40 Air Gun Compatiton scope really suits the .22 L/R better due mainly to it's narrow Field Of View. It was designed to act as a range finder for the Field Target air rifle folks at 18x magnification and when used under that mag the AO has to be wound down. For example when set on 10x the AO sits on 28-30 yards for the target to be focus at 70 yards. Look at a target at 50 yards and the focus is out likewise move to a 100 yards target and you have to adjust the AO. Whilst OK on the range it's not much good for stalking.

Now the other week I brought a new Simmons Master Series 3-10x44 scope and it's appears to be quite good, better than I had expected  :o , that one if on a .222 Rem chambered rifle  ;). Doing a search on the web I find that the same place I got this from also stocks the Simmons 3-9x40 8 point at a good price but how does the 8 point compare to the more expensive 3-10x44 master Series?

Your thoughts would be appreciated  ;).

Offline spruce

Re: Difference between Simmons 8 point and Master series?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 03:35:54 AM »
I've never compared them, but I would think the master series would have better image quality than the 8 point series.

The master series is "fully multi-coated" and the 8 point is "fully coated".  The former means ALL the lenses are multi-coated, the latter means NONE of the lenses are multi-coated - each lens has just a single coating.

Offline Brithunter

Re: Difference between Simmons 8 point and Master series?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 07:56:10 AM »
Hmmm Ok thanks for your input. I have done a little research on the web but not found many comparisions.