Author Topic: P 3AT Question  (Read 1542 times)

Offline springfling

• Trade Count: (8)
P 3AT Question
« on: November 19, 2009, 04:09:37 PM »
Anyone have the problem of the small spring that goes around the guide rod coming out of the guide rod hole at the end of the barrel? 
It seams like everytime I fire off a string it will come out of the hole.  Not everytime but it happens more that I like.  It also seems like the
guide rod hole is getting to be a little out of round.  Design issue?

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: P 3AT Question
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 04:29:06 AM »
Send it back to Kel-Tec and they will fix it for you.  Customer service 321-631-0068 M-F 8am-4pm EST.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline uncledub

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
  • Alabama, USA
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 10:47:59 AM »
Definitely send it back.  This has occurred several times in the past.  Kel-Tec knows about it and will make it right.
Young guys should listen to Old guys, they know stuff.

NEF 45-70 w/ 20 ga 22" barrel
NEF Pardner Pump Protector

Offline lynneil

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 01:23:40 AM »
Call Keltec and ask to that part. It slides into a slot on the slide-very easy to replace it yourself.

Offline slim rem 7

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 11:04:43 AM »
 i don t know about your problem.. but i can tell you keltec has given me the best service
of any company ive ever dealt.. gun or anything else..
 they not big enough to have the pencil pushers making them cut corners yet i guess..
  lotta small companies in this country could make the best products in the world ..if they weren t being held down by regulations that make it so hard to create an company based on a good product
 or high quality products..
 in my opinion this is big money keeping the little man down.. through legislation an regulation..
 if not for this new buisiness would have just picked up where old huge companies failed an got propped up by the govt..in short big money keeps the market an everything else for themselves..
 regulations ,licenses, insurance etc ..are why we can t compete on the world market.. i guess they would rather see china get it all than lose any of the goodies..jmo ..slim
 we are a service country now ..primaryly...jmo

Offline lynneil

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 03:42:43 AM »
I filed a deeper groove in the pin to help hold the spring. I was having problems with the pin backing out while firing.