Author Topic: Win Super Grade or Weatherby Mk V in 270  (Read 590 times)

Offline Rockin Double B

• Trade Count: (12)
Win Super Grade or Weatherby Mk V in 270
« on: December 04, 2009, 05:47:40 PM »
I'm getting  .270 Win and have an opportunity to buy either the Weatherby Mk V or a Win Super Grade - both in great condition and both about the same price.  Any suggestions as to which you would advise me to get?  Please, only responses from those who have experience with either.  Likewise if you are predisposed to dislike one or the other don't bother responding - only open minded responses and discussion.  Thank you very much.  P.S. I know this is a Winchester forum but everybody here seems very rational.

Offline wackmaster

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Win Super Grade or Weatherby Mk V in 270
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 09:22:39 AM »
I have had both.
I dont care for the weght of the wby v scoped its pushing 9 lbs.
If it was my dicision I would lean towords the win.

Offline Tonk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Win Super Grade or Weatherby Mk V in 270
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 12:50:49 PM »
Well I guess I might push you over the edge to purchase the model 70 Winchester! Only because that is the best thing out their in a production rifle. All those bells and whistles are already on the rifle and it just does not get any better. Big Claw Extractor! 3-Position Safety...only true safety in the industry, A controlled round FED MAGAZINE. Those are 3 very good reasons to start off with when looking for a rifle. Now take a look at the track record of model 70 Winchesters, need I say more sir.