Author Topic: Two deer hooked together  (Read 888 times)

Offline Forestclimber

• Trade Count: (38)
  • A Real Regular
Two deer hooked together
« on: October 08, 2009, 10:56:44 AM »
My friend went hunting the other day and came upon two bucks that were hooked together at the antlers.  They were both alive. One deer was getting noticeably weak. He watched them for a half hour then decided to shoot the weaker one with his bow.  The remaining deer got loose eventually.  I don't have a problem with this.  It was a legal deer.  He had a tag for it.  More power to him I say.  They both probably would have died sooner or later anyway.  I was just wondering what others thought.

Offline fr3db3ar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Re: Two deer hooked together
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 11:18:29 AM »
That's what I would have done as well.  Give the stronger one a chance to keep on going.  They can get pretty stressed when they get locked up like that.  Once weakened....some don't recover.
Aim Small, Miss Small

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first.

Offline Forestclimber

• Trade Count: (38)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 09:44:24 AM »
Here are the bucks

Offline spruce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 01:53:51 PM »
I'd say your friend did exactly the right thing.

Offline Drilling Man

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 03:55:10 PM »
  Many years ago, my friend found two huge moose that had locked antlers, and had been that way a while.  He went and got his chainsaw, and chainsawed them loose, they both ran off.

DM

Offline buckshooter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 04:55:17 AM »
I watched a deer hunting video by Drury outdoors, where two bucks got tangled together by their antlers.  They fought for hours, where nearby farmers recorded the whole thing.  After hours of fighting, the farmer cut off one of the antlers on one of the deer.  They ended up both living

hope this helps

buckshooter
"When guns are outlawed only the outlaws have guns."  by Louis L'Amoure

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." by President Ronald Reagan

Offline Ethan

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 02:26:08 PM »
My friend saw that in TX and he shot there horns with his 7 mag. and they broke there horns and they ran away
"A good man always knows his limitations”