Author Topic: 2010 Some applications are accepted in Jan....  (Read 705 times)

Offline Wyo. Coyote Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
2010 Some applications are accepted in Jan....
« on: January 04, 2010, 03:14:25 AM »
 ;)  Just picked up my regs. for 2010...Nonresident elk are due this mth. in Wy. For residents, moose, sheep, and goat will be accepted in Jan. and Feb..It is already time to consider fall hunts.......

Offline mauser98us

• Trade Count: (40)
  • 10 mm junkie and Whelan wacko
Re: 2010 Some applications are accepted in Jan....
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 03:31:54 PM »
Seems like when opportunity knocks,I'm always broke.

Offline Leatherstocking

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 04:18:25 PM »
Been studying those WY regs. Seems complicated to this New Yorker. Planning an antelope hunt next fall with my son. Think I have it nailed down to the black hills area.

Probably will try to buy some elk preference points next year when that window is open. Haven't spent too much time with the elk stuff. Are pref points good state wide or unit specific? and how long are they good for?
NRA Life Member
New York State Conservation Council Member

"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise" - Aldo Leopold (1949)

Offline Wyo. Coyote Hunter

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 03:38:26 PM »
leather, the blackhills are mostly private except for the nat. forest and there are few if any antelope there..I don/t mean to be a jerk, just helpful..I am not sure about the pref. points.  our build each year, but if you do not apply for a lice. 2 years in a row, you might loose them ,,I am not sure because I always apply...I think you pref, points for elk would apply to any lic. you choose to put in for...If I were you, i would try and make arrangements to hunt private ground near Gillette....You will alsomost be sure of a license there..I have friends in Rawlins that haven/t drawn for 10 years due to the public land they apply for...It is easier for us than a non res. on those lands...any more questions I would be glad to help, but I am traveling and not at my computer each day..

Offline Leatherstocking

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 02:12:37 AM »
Thanks. Will investigate some more.
NRA Life Member
New York State Conservation Council Member

"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise" - Aldo Leopold (1949)