Author Topic: wrist sling  (Read 608 times)

Offline tvc15

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
wrist sling
« on: February 01, 2010, 01:09:04 PM »
I guess I have developd my shot without ever using one of these. I'm thinking about trying one.
What's the deal? Is the intent to keep you from having to grip the handle after the shot?
I assume they come with instructions.
Any suggestions?

TVC15

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
Re: wrist sling
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 05:02:27 AM »
http://library.thinkquest.org/27344/propertech.htm#III. Release and Follow Through

Releasing the arrow properly is the most important fundamental in shooting. To follow through simply means to hold the release position until the arrow is safely launched onto the target. The key elements of success are: (1) Relaxation (2) and concentration. Here is a example of a good follow through: (1) The fingers on the bowstring hand are relaxed, (2) head and eyes are turned toward the target following the flight of the arrow,(3) the bow arm is extended toward the target, and (4) the bow hand is gripping the bow with the help of a sling.

A bow sling is designed to help the archer during the release and follow through. There are four different types of bow slings available. Any one of the bow sling will help the archer keep the bow from falling to the ground after the release.