Author Topic: Any experience with a Trijicon AccuPoint 1.25-4x24 Rifle Scope?  (Read 598 times)

Offline Reverend Recoil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Any experience with a Trijicon AccuPoint 1.25-4x24 Rifle Scope?
« on: December 16, 2009, 04:34:18 AM »
I am looking for a scope for my Ruger No.1 9.3x74R rifle to hunt boar in dense brush and low light conditions and am considering a Trijicon AccuPoint 1.25-4x24 rifle scope.  Do any of you have any experience with this scope?  Which color aiming point do you think would work best; amber, red, or green?

The Trijicon AccuPoint 1.25-4x24 Rifle Scope is specifically designed for close-range low-light hunting.  Its amber, red, or green dual-illuminated triangle aiming point glows at night from tritium, and during the day from the fiber-optic system. Advanced, multilayer coated optics permit excellent light transmission without parallax and our quick-focus eye-piece gives hunters rapid clarity adjustment. Trijicon AccuPoint 1.25-4x24 has a wider field of view and longer eye-relief that accommodates large caliber rifles and is ideal for taking fast-moving animals.

AccuPoint’s exclusive features: The AccuPoint aiming triangle provides reticle illumination and high target contrast during the day, through twilight,and into full night darkness, extending the hunting day. The AccuPoint's highly-advanced Bindon Aiming Conept (BAC) allows hunters to use the two-eye aiming method along with magnified sighting. When the rifle is being moved, the shooter is on target, the targeted image "zooms" into magnification. Rapid target acquisition provided bythe BAC feature is particularly effective for discriminating between multiple moving animals, especially when hunting in wooded or brushy terrain.

Offline Silvertp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Any experience with a Trijicon AccuPoint 1.25-4x24 Rifle Scope?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 04:48:15 AM »
Reverand...

Never used one, but sounds like it would be the cats-meow for the use you intend.  I expect the illuminated aiming point would excel over traditional crosshairs.  Should make for a handy and fast handling potent rig for popping pigs.

Personally I would go for the green reticule.

Silvertp

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 08:42:18 AM »
ive got a 1x4x30 on one of my ars and if the one inch scope is half what this one is its a great optic. This thing is amazing in clarity and in low light for a straight tubed scope. It picks up light as well as some of my high dollar scopes with 40mm and larger objective lenses. Personaly i couldnt think of a better optic then an accupoint for a whitetail rig
blue lives matter

Offline bigvarmnt

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • N. E. Indiana
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 11:55:53 AM »
Only experience I've had is looking at one in the store last week. Man it was clear and I like the lighted triangle. I think the price was about $675. Can't believe the cost of things. I don't know about that big adjustment dial for a Handi rifle though. I also wondered what color would be best. Sorry not much help. Good Luck!

Prob be ok on the # 1, not sure how/where it would mount.